Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from New Hampshire WRR/X

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

New member from New Hampshire WRR/X Empty
PostSubject: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi all. I've been lurking around here a while reading about these bikes. I'm a returning rider (almost 30 years since having a bike). Looked at many styles of riding and the bikes that go along with them. My most fun bike I'd have to say was my second bike, a Honda XL175, but I was a 165lb teenager at the time. So I know that I need a little more oomf to the bike to get it going. I've looked at everything from TW200's to 1200-1300cc cruisers and keep coming back to the WRR/X family. No dealers are in the area so I'll have to make a trip 30 or so miles up the road. I've decided this is what I'll be getting, just a matter of which one R or X. 80 plus percent of my riding will be road so I'm leaning toward the X with a more aggressive tread. Any input would be appreciated. I sat on both when I was in the Indianapolis Indiana area last year. I'm 6'1" and 215lbs so reaching the ground comfortably is not so much of an issue.
Looking forward to getting out there.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Welcome.

I was torn between the R and the X as well. First checked out a low mileage R and was leaning toward it until I found an equally low mileage X. That was all it took. Love the look and the stance of the X so much more.

Like you, the vast majority of riding I will be doing is street, so it was an easy decision. I bought the X. Love it.
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Three things locked me into the WR ... Fuel injection = seamless power, no fiddling with the carb. I live on the coast (at sea level) but Mountains (3000 to 4000+ feet) are within a hours ride where there are plenty of fire roads and back country to explore. The six speed tranny is capable of highway speeds when necessary (notice the "when necessary", just because it will do it does not mean I'd want to for any length of time)(I'm not that crazy). The bike is also equipped with an alternator instead of a finicky stator. Likely the stator is one of the most problematic electrical components my buddies have had to deal with.
I want to get on and ride ... no fuss no muss ... When I moved to New Hampshire something i noticed is, I swear there aren't any straight roads here. They are far between and few if there are. wink I don't want to make minor adjustments while out on the ride. Nor do I want to tear down the engine as a winter project either. I will do the regular mods, AI, air box, exhaust, and drive sprocket as time permits. Ya gotta make things right, don'tcha?
Something I do want to do is take it on a long distance trip. If they can do a trans America trip on a 50cc Honda Ruckus I have no doubts anyone can do it on a 250cc WR. Its called proper planning and knowing your own limitations as well as your equipments. I have done Iron Butt rides, granted years ago.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:14 pm

\\welcome to the pack, Indy! thumb

dtx

PostSubject: Re: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:01 pm

On the coast of n.h, so your the guy !!
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:45 pm

dtx wrote:
On the coast of n.h, so your the guy !!

Ya, I'll be the guy when I finally get my WR/X ... or are you referring to something else ...???
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:46 am

look at the map its only 1/4in long,only room for one of you !
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Another New Englander takes the plunge.

Welcome.

KC
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 pm

I may be new here in New Hampshire but I know a few things about this state ... it has only thirteen miles of sea coast but it has one of the highest mountain peeks on the eastern seaboard. So I'll go from sea level to mountains within 50 miles or so. Plenty of room for a couple of WR's to explore. wings I'll be road legal so I won't be compelled to stick to the dedicated snowmobile/ORV trails. I'm fairly sure that one of the extended range fuel tanks will come in handy too. Why stop exploring just because you need gas. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from New Hampshire WRR/X   New member from New Hampshire WRR/X Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from New Hampshire WRR/X
Page 1 of 1