Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another new member

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Blue

Another new member Empty
PostSubject: Another new member   Another new member EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 am

Hi everyone. Just picked up a new '12. Have had it for about 3 weeks and I know I'm preachin' to the choir when I say what a great bike! It's been on the ground 3 times already so have installed a rad guard and bash plate. I will be leaving it stock except for maybe a gearing change.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Another new member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another new member   Another new member EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:06 am

Howdy. :)

I recommend more off-road-worthy tires if you do a lot of off-road riding.
Also, that gearing change is something the bike really needs for off-road riding, too.
Back to top Go down
Old Blue

Another new member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another new member   Another new member EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:21 pm

I agree, the front tire did not fare so well when I was digging thru 4" of snow a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised at how well the back tire managed to dig through the snow since everyone on the forum seems to dislike these tires. I can only imagine how the bike would perform with better tires. I better hurry up and wear these suckers out.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

Another new member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another new member   Another new member EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:36 pm

Welcome to the forum. The bike's great. Don't spend too much money on mods until you've ridden it for a while and get a feel for what you really want.

I suggest a seat pad and a GPS mount--this bike loves to wander!

I just went riding with a buddy who had the stock tires on. He went everywhere I went--it just took a bit more effort is all.
Back to top Go down
Old Blue

Another new member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another new member   Another new member EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:51 am

Thanks for the advice on mods, already have the garman thing covered, took it off the 500. Won't be needing it on that bike anymore:).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another new member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another new member   Another new member Empty

Back to top Go down

Another new member
Page 1 of 1