Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

X rider from Finland

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nelonen

X rider from Finland Empty
PostSubject: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Heya everyone!

I've been riding my -08 WR250X for a short while now, but discovered this site only just now.
Bought my X as my first big bike once I turned 18, been riding 125 and 50cc bikes before that (Law around here; 50cc at 15, 125cc at 16, <25kW at 18, >25kW at 20 or 2 years of riding with a <25kW bike)

My bike is currently enjoying its winter sleep, but hopefully the 4ft of snow we have here will start melting soon so I can hit the roads Very happy For now, its enjoying some well deserved modifications to prepare it for the 2011 season.

X rider from Finland Wr1se

That's an old photo of my X from the past summer, since taking that picture I've given it some new smaller indicators, a cleaner tail-end, 13/50 gearing, some 50stunt.com stunt axel sliders and a green park light Very happy

X rider from Finland Img0068mt
X rider from Finland Img0070di

This far during this winter I've installed a SpeedoHealer and designed some new graphics, and I'm still working on installing my 05-07 black KTM Supermoto fender and 04 black KTM EXC headlight.

Any tips regarding making the bike better or nicer looking are welcome :P

Last edited by Nelonen on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eurastus

Eurastus

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Huomenta huomenta,

Nice to have you here. Ride the bike...a lot. The more you do, the more you'll like about it.

Keep us posted on your riding adventures in Suomi-land!
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Hey Helonen, Nice looking x. I have a white 2010. I like your muffler. What brand is that?
Back to top Go down
Nelonen

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Heya and thanks, its a Yoshimura RS-2 with the stickers removed.

I already ride the bike a lot, and not planning on slowing down any time soon Very happy I'll try to grab a few photos and maybe even some riding videos and upload them here if I buy a helmet cam for the summer.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Cool!! Love the green.
How come license plate has 'FIN' on it? I thought Finland plates had 'SU' for Suomi (Finland in Finnish...)????
Back to top Go down
Nelonen

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Hey and thanks Very happy The FIN plates came in to use when Finland joined EU, before that the licence plates didn't have any other texts on them other than the letters and numbers. Before that some people did put stickers on their cars reading SF (Suomi Finland) if they were driving abroad.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Nelonen wrote:
Hey and thanks Very happy The FIN plates came in to use when Finland joined EU, before that the licence plates didn't have any other texts on them other than the letters and numbers. Before that some people did put stickers on their cars reading SF (Suomi Finland) if they were driving abroad.
Ah, that explains it!! We get a lot of local traffic from all over Europe around here, especially France, Poland, Spain & Hungary (close to London & M25 motorway - busiest road in Europe), but not many from Finland.... UK plates can have 'GB' & EU flag, but is optional. Plates are just the same stupid giant size as Finland or any other EU country - spoils bike proportions budah
Anyway, do you have FI programmer as well as pipe? Programmers/after market exhaust systems are SERIOUS money in the UK, wondering if its cheaper to import from EU dunno
Also notice you have BT45 tyres like I have. They have been long lasting & good for slimy winter roads, but not sure how sticky they are for summer riding. Any thoughts??
Back to top Go down
Nelonen

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:09 am

I dont really mind the size of the plate, I just wish that it was legal to stick it into more places like in US. Besides, its easier to practice 12 p'clock scrapes with a large plate Very happy But I dont really like the look of some EU motorcycle plates which are wider than they are tall.

No FI programmer yet, still saving for that. Hoping that it will make a noticeable difference in the bike, cause otherwise it might be money wasted as I could also buy a custom graphics kit with that money Rolling Eyes In a week or two I will get to test if the bike's handling is any different now that I removed the spark arrestor from the Yoshimura without adjusting the FI.

The tyres are pretty good, although I havent really gotten to compare them to any other tyres yet on the WR. Havent skidded off in high speed twistys yet, so I guess thats a good sign Very happy Pulled off some nice stoppies from somewhat considerable speeds without the tyre escaping from under me. Havent driven on any tracks yet, so no idea about how they behave there. I dont really know about how fast they wear off, because I have been running 13/50 gearing without adjusting the speedo for the entire duration that I've had those tyres on, so I have no real idea about what km Im on. Thankfully I got my speedo adjusted this winter, no need to stress riding past cops anymore without knowing how fast Im going wink If I manage to go through these tires during this summer, Im getting a pair of Dunlop Mutants next.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Just looked at the Mutant tyres - probably the wrong forum Shog , but I must say they look real good! Anyone tried them? Will there be a size/fitting problem???
Back to top Go down
Nelonen

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:23 pm

As far as I know, they come it 120 size for the front and the smallest for the rear is 150. Dont remember heights, but I doubt that there'd be any problems with fitting them on. They look pretty good live, and I havent heard anything bad of them thumb Might even give a little more grip when riding in the woods.

Also, Im in need of some dyno charts of a stock wr (or changed silencer but otherwise stock) versus a wr with no airbox lid, changed silencer and a power commander. Could anyone point me towards one? And I do need an actual dyno chart, not just high end hp differences (Although those would be welcome too if theyre from the same bench)

Oh, and also: Since I have a Yoshimura RS-2 unbaffled, would my bike run way too lean if I removed the airbox flap? I'd like to get a Power Commander, but its pricey fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X rider from Finland   X rider from Finland Empty

Back to top Go down

X rider from Finland
Page 1 of 1