Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

hello from a RTW rider

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rtwpaul

hello from a RTW rider Empty
PostSubject: hello from a RTW rider   hello from a RTW rider EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:39 pm

OK so the world didn't end yesterday as planned so here's the story...

i am currently on a RTW on a 2009 Yamaha xt660Z Tenere, i will be in the states in march/ april and i am considering changing bikes very strongly and getting a wr250r as next i will be heading off to either africa or the far east then russia and the stans where the lighter the bike the better the riding is my opinion after 60,000 miles so far

my current ride report is on ADVrider if anyone is interested in reading it - http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809883

i have quite a few questions to ask about the bike/ mods/ luggage/ pro's/ cons etc and would like to put them in one area so i get some good feedback to help me decide exactly what i need to do to the machine before it gets crated and shipped off to the next destination

so my first question is which is the best part of the forum to post this?

glad to be here

RTWpaul
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: hello from a RTW rider   hello from a RTW rider EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:56 pm

General discussion is probably the best area.

Welcome to the forum! I'd be hard pressed to swap out from an XT660 personally, but if anything can replace it a WRR can!

Happy Trails makes the only factory hard bags and racks for the bike. Wolfman has very nice soft bags and racks for it.

Seat Concepts and Sargeant make better, more comfortable seats.

IMS makes the largest gas tank, 4.7 gal, and the smallest aftermarket, a 3.1 that doesn't require secondary pumps. The pumps themselves are simple, reliable vacuum powered pumps, but I still went with the simplicity of the 3.1.

Back to top Go down
rtwpaul

PostSubject: Re: hello from a RTW rider   hello from a RTW rider EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:48 pm

i have moved my question to the general area and it is here, please add anything that you think would be of real help

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t8327-lots-of-questions-from-rtw-riderserious-answers-please#73555
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from a RTW rider   hello from a RTW rider Empty

Back to top Go down

hello from a RTW rider
Page 1 of 1