Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front brake master cylinder

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
trav72

trav72

Front brake master cylinder Empty
PostSubject: Front brake master cylinder   Front brake master cylinder EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 am

Anyone know of a replacement front brake master cylinder with a brake switch for the WRR?
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Front brake master cylinder   Front brake master cylinder EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Seems like you could adapt almost any dual sport master cylinder, maybe others as well. You could also add a pressure switch to any perch that doesn't already have a mechanical brake light switch.
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Front brake master cylinder   Front brake master cylinder EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:39 pm

+1 doesnt have to be a dual sport, any motocycle front master will work if it has the switch on it which most do.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Front brake master cylinder   Front brake master cylinder EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:44 pm

I have this one to use with my X wheels on my R, works just fine and even comes with a brake light switch. Mirror mount is a little different, but the price is right. It came in an OEM Yamaha of China box as well. See here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Yamaha-YZ-Bikes-New-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb56b4b53QQitemZ260741745491QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The only difference is that out brake light switches are longer than this one and plug in down by the steering stem. One of these days i will extend my original brake light switch wires so it matches this master cylinder i lenght and makes it more plug and play when I switch out the weels. Same plug and connector on both, just different lengths between connection points.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front brake master cylinder   Front brake master cylinder Empty

Back to top Go down

Front brake master cylinder
Page 1 of 1