Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from the Bay Area, CA!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
longtallsally

longtallsally

Hello from the Bay Area, CA! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Just found the site and couldn't be more excited. We've had the bike for just under a year and it could not be more fun. We bought it for my fiance, but I've ended up being the one on it the most and FINALLY got authorization to start to farkle it. Once I get a job, I'll be looking here for a bit of advice on how to make it work a touch better for my goony goo goo butt.

Hello from the Bay Area, CA! 512023881_issec-XL
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Hey, I recognize you!! thumb Welcome to the pack, my friend! I'm sure you'll find the place pretty informative and the guys are pretty cool. Just make sure you stock up Mark's beer fridge and it's all good. Very happy Look forward to seeing more pics and stuff you do on your litlte R².

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:00 pm

welcome welcome!

Your picture looks so darn familiar.... scratch
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:02 am

You guys probably remember me from ADV. Glad to be here.

First order of business are bars/risers and springs at both ends. 1 tooth down in front also seems like a good idea for the trail.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:53 am

thumb I think you'll like the 12. I run it on mine and if I want to do any distance cruising, I can swap in the 13 and in 10 minutes it's ready to fly. I was born in the bay area...my bro still lives there and is in the waterworks div. of Daily City. Very happy

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 am

SheWolf wrote:
thumb I think you'll like the 12. I run it on mine and if I want to do any distance cruising, I can swap in the 13 and in 10 minutes it's ready to fly. I was born in the bay area...my bro still lives there and is in the waterworks div. of Daily City. Very happy

My thoughts exactly. I'm actually hoping to do the Rubicon this summer with it- where I might actually need more gearing, but it would be really cool to ride a 250 from the Bay Area up, run the trail, and head home. I'll most likely go with some friends who will trailer, though.
I've already seen some cool stuff here and stopped by a Yamaha dealer yesterday as a break from the job search to start the wish list.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 am

wink Yeah the crazy part is now you have started...there always seems like there's always more farkly things one can get. I'm still on the wait list for my PP and Q4. thumb

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:31 am

This is my "other" dirt bike since we sold the KLR. It is already pretty farkled, but is in need of shocks currently after a 3300 mile tour of Baja 2 up.

Hello from the Bay Area, CA! 513142236_Mdifa-L
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am

Dude, SWEET ride! Yeah I can see how you'd be able to throw the little R² around after riding that one. thumb

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:53 am

That pic just proves that BMW's were ALWAYS meant to fly >;3

Great pics and welcome to the boards
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!   Hello from the Bay Area, CA! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Bay Area, CA!
Page 1 of 1