Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from the SF Bay Area

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oznerol

Hello from the SF Bay Area Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the SF Bay Area   Hello from the SF Bay Area EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:06 am

I picked up my WRR just over two weeks ago. It's my first motorcycle in almost 6 years, my first dual sport (previous rides were all pure street bikes), my first thumper, and the lightest bike I've ever owned by at least 100 lbs.

It's also the most fun bike I've ever owned. I know part of that comes from where I live -- I just moved to the Bay Area a couple of months ago and now have great motorcycling roads practically at my doorstep, much closer to home than anywhere else I've lived.

But the bike itself is a gem. I loved it from the first ride, and it's only gotten better. I'm at 800 miles, now. At around the 400 mile mark I noticed that the engine (which was never very rough) had smoothed out considerably: It's pulling better from low RPMs, and responding more predictably to throttle inputs. Cornering has gone from being something I have to consciously plan to something that happens almost magically, with barely a thought.

I picked the WRR figuring it'd be a good bike to try out some dirt riding, while still being a great bike for playing around in paved twisties and for commuting, if I decided dirt wasn't my thing. Having taken the bike down several miles of dirt roads and jeep trails, I can say with confidence: More please.
Back to top Go down

Hello from the SF Bay Area
Page 1 of 1