Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Shifter Shaft Oil Seal?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stubbz

Stubbz

Shifter Shaft Oil Seal? Empty
PostSubject: Shifter Shaft Oil Seal?   Shifter Shaft Oil Seal? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 pm

has anyone had experience with changing a shifter shaft oil seal, mine is leaking. im hoping i can get it changed without needing to split the case or anything, anyone have a manual that could tell me the procedure
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Shifter Shaft Oil Seal?   Shifter Shaft Oil Seal? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:17 pm

The service manual will probably tell you to remove the clutch assembly, remove the shift shaft, and then pry the old oil seal out.
That certainly works.

I've removed shift shaft oil seals without removing the shift shaft before, but you've got to be careful not to gouge the crankcase.
It is much, much faster, though.
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Shifter Shaft Oil Seal?   Shifter Shaft Oil Seal? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:58 am

yeah thats what i was thinkin about trying, i have a nice pick set i may be able to get to it with. gonna grab oil n seal and such then give it a go next weekend probly
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Shifter Shaft Oil Seal?   Shifter Shaft Oil Seal? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:11 am

i had some luck with my cr125 seal, used a small drywall type screw, drilled a small pilot hole then threaded it in and used some small vise-grips and just yanked it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shifter Shaft Oil Seal?   Shifter Shaft Oil Seal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shifter Shaft Oil Seal?
Page 1 of 1