Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

TUbliss anyone

Go down 
+5
skierd
Chief_Lee_Visceral
blaisew
Eurastus
2goose
9 posters
AuthorMessage
2goose

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: TUbliss anyone   TUbliss anyone EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Has anyone here tried the TUbliss system. Results ?
Back to top Go down
Eurastus

Eurastus

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUbliss anyone   TUbliss anyone EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:15 pm

2goose wrote:
Yup. The previous owner installed Tubliss on my WRR.

The rear seems to work perfectly; the system does not lose air any more than a tube and I can run the tire at very low pressures with no snake-bite flats.

The front tire, however is nothing but a pain. The tire will lose enough pressure that I have to re-inflate every 8-10 hours. I've followed all the tips on the Tubliss site about using the soapy water, bouncing the tire while deflated, etc. Nothing works and I'm seriously considering going back to a regular tube on the front.

Having said all that, I know some other folks love the system and have no troubles.

You pays your money and you takes your chances...
Back to top Go down
blaisew

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUbliss anyone   TUbliss anyone EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:38 pm

2goose wrote:

I have 'em front and rear and they are great so far. Two rides in Big Bend and one in the Rockies, and no problems at all. The inner tubes loose a small amount over time, but in 5 days of rock bashing I don't have to air up, and same with the tires. I talked with the Tubliss folks about my upcomming TAT this summer and the consensus is to take along a tube or two anyway just in case something really long punctures the inner tube, but it evidenty happens very infrequently. I have no worries at this point, and am happy with the system. I did pinch one of the inner high pressure tubes on installation (the first time) and Tubliss sent a replacaement at no charge! Good guys.
Back to top Go down
2goose

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUbliss anyone   TUbliss anyone EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I just ordered for the rear deal
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUbliss anyone   TUbliss anyone EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:09 pm

As we have a lot of rocky trails up here; I am digging the traction of an MT43 at 10psi too much. The tubliss is not going to behave like 10 psi is it?
Back to top Go down
skierd

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUbliss anyone   TUbliss anyone EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:23 pm

10psi is 10psi, tube or tubliss. You'll gain some flex in the sidewall with the tubliss setup however, and can run even lower pressures if you really wanted.

I keep being tempted to switch to a tubliss setup, but haven't even though I've probably spend nearly as much in tubes so far from pinches while changing tires. Maybe with my next tire swap.
Back to top Go down
stumo

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUbliss anyone   TUbliss anyone EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:52 am

I fitted Tubliss to my bike and have just done 3 days riding with a mixture of rocks and dirt. I didn't have any problems but neither did my two friends who were using tubes.

I got the kits 2nd hand, they didn't come with the fitting tool but in reality it's not needed.

They're easy to fit and aslong as you're careful you shouldn't have any problems, obviously fitting the second tyre/Tubliss kit will be much easier than the 1st one Very happy

I used lots of glass cleaner for the lubrication (i believe Windex is widely used in the US) as it evaporates.

Make sure you lube the inside of the tyre bead as that's where the tubeliss "inner tube" sits against the tyre.
Back to top Go down
woxof

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: Tire Leak   TUbliss anyone EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:43 pm

On the second hand leaky front tire.
I have a rear only. I think there may be a problem with the instructions. If the installer watches the VIDEO the rim prep section says don't worry (I ALWAYS WORRY!!) about "debris" on the INSIDE of the wheel, just make sure the rim strap area is clean. WHAT? we know the rim tape doesn't seal anything (and the online instructions have been updated but not POSTED!? You only use ONE wrap of tape no overlap) but the sides of the wheel sure do! This leaves an awful lot of leeway for amount and type of "debris" being allowed to stay in the critical tire to rim sealing area. I carefully scraped off every bit of aluminum oxide (rust) and rubber and sanded any imperfection in the wheel well. washed with water and then cleaned with brake cleaner. Installed the rim tape and then slightly heated tape with a heat gun to promote adhesion around spoke nipples, lubed with Armour All (a Tubliss recommendation). It looked as close to new as reasonably possible (6 year old bike). I think some guys are letting the cleaning slide because of the "don't worry about the debris instruction". In addition cleaning the wheel makes tires slide off a lot better and easier to break down from the rim. I think this is the difference between tires that don't lose pressure for weeks and ones that have to be pumped up before each ride.

A slight correction. The seal is between the bladder and the inner side of the tire. The issue with any debris left is contamination of that sealing surface during installation. Also I will be trying Slime and checking for the results. I have put about 60 miles on the tires but only about 4 on gravel connector roads and haven't noticed any vibration but that's not like a ride on high speed trails and paved road.

Last edited by woxof on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Corndogs

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: tubeliss   TUbliss anyone EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 am

I am running tubliss on my 08 wrr, I'm having a bad vibration problem, on the front its 5.75 oz out of balance and the rear is 5.5 ounces out. According to the wheel balancer the weights need to go 180 degrees the rim lock. There is no slime or sealant and the tires are kenda track masters.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUbliss anyone   TUbliss anyone EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Now that it has been over a year, are you guys still running the TUbliss setup?? If so, are you still happy with it as I am looking at doing this to my dirt wheels. Will it stand up to hard riding in the trees. Stumps, jump, rocks, logs, mud, hill climbs etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TUbliss anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUbliss anyone   TUbliss anyone Empty

Back to top Go down

TUbliss anyone
Page 1 of 1