Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bike bogs/hesitates

Go down 
+3
xxjenso_00xx
YZEtc
Midnite171
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Bike bogs/hesitates Empty
PostSubject: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:17 pm

I just put on my FMF Powerbomb, Q4 and EFI Programmer. (Removed AIS and Exup correctly too. Also have flapper glued.) LOVE it all however when I am going slow and I give it a little juice, the bike bogs down for a second. Just a little hesitation. Maybe I need to play with my programmer settings? It did it with the stock programmer settings and now I have it at
3-5-0.5-8-4-4 and it still does it.

Maybe I just need to lower some of the last 3 numbers to give quicker response???

Any ideas???
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:58 am

Did you ride it long enough to get the engine up to full temperature (about 15 minutes), or was it more of a quick spin for a couple minutes?
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:19 pm

it was a quick ride for about 20 minutes after warming it up for about 5. Still did it on the way home.
Back to top Go down
xxjenso_00xx

PostSubject: mine 2!!!!   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Sounds like my bike is doing same thing as urs. I got pc4 and powerbomb header, fmf programmer and all the garbage removed. I've messed and messed with my settings and can't seem to kick the slight hesitation off idle throttle. Its like u crack it wot and it hesitates for a split second. I don't get it, hopefully someone will chime in that's had same problem and fixed it
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 pm

I had the same issue after the big bore kit was installed, I sent the fmf programmer back to the manufacturer this winter and they remapped it. we are finally getting a thaw this week but I haven't been able to ride yet to see if I can dial it in now. even if it does fix it I'm not sure how much help that will be to someone who doesn't have the big bore installed. but Dobeck performance (the actual fmf programmer manufacturer) was really good though so it may be worth a call to them if you can't get your bike dialed in with the FMF programmer.
Back to top Go down
sleepersti

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:02 pm

My bike does the same thing, I took the AIS and top of my airbox off today and it started. I'm waiting on my header muffler and programmer to come in. I figured that stuff would fix it but sounds like yours is doing the same thing with the programmer so that kinda confuses me.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Did you open the air box? It is running too rich. Mine did the same. I fixed it by putting a big hole in the top of the air box.
Back to top Go down
sleepersti

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:40 am

I took the whole top of the airbox off. Its getting plenty of air
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 am

I heard if we lower the numbers on the last 3 settings of our fuel programmer, it will lessen the time of throttle response.
Back to top Go down
sleepersti

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:27 am

Figure anything out??
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:01 am

I will be messing around with my programmer this weekend using some settings I found elsewhere on this site. Also might open the air box up a little.
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Midnite171 wrote:
I will be messing around with my programmer this weekend using some settings I found elsewhere on this site. Also might open the air box up a little.

Sounds to me that it probably needs a tune beyond what the plug 'n play features of the programmer offer. By selecting certain options, I'm sure you can get it in the ball park, but to get everything dead-on, you may just need a professional tune. At this point, it's probably just a trade-off between the slight hesitation at low rpms or a slight loss of power elsewhere in the power band.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 12:32 pm

True. It's really not all that bad, but I haven't played too much with the programmer yet. The bike is MUCH better as far as mid and upper range power. And once it get's over that first slight hesitation and it finally kicks in, it REALLY kicks in! I'll know better after this weekend.
Back to top Go down
sleepersti

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:29 am

let us know what you find out
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Ok guys, I messed around a little bit today and it's definitely all in the settings of your EFI Programmer. It's still cold up here in New England so I didn't go out for too long but I just kept tweaking and tweaking the numbers until it was perfect. The settings I ended up with my FMF programmer was:

3-5-1-8-2-4

I started with the default FMF settings (which is 3-4-1-8-4-4.5) and I gave it a little more fuel to acceleration (second number) and then I reduced the response time of the throttle acceleration (fifth number). It took me about 5 times adjusting the settings before I came to these numbers. It now has a little pop when you hit the throttle instead of a hesitation. If it ever get's above 50 degrees around here, I will take it out for an hour or two so I can really see how it's going. But initially, the hesitation is gone!!
Back to top Go down
sleepersti

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Well thats very good to hear. Atleast I'll know where to start with mine now.

thanks for the update
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike bogs/hesitates   Bike bogs/hesitates Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike bogs/hesitates
Page 1 of 1