Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front Disc Protector Questions

Go down 
+3
mwakey
DirtFarmer
Chrispy1200
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Front Disc Protector Questions Empty
PostSubject: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:35 pm

So I'm interested in getting a front disc protector for my X (plan on getting some dirt wheels soon so that big disc is gonna needs some protection..... wink . Anyhoo, I email Flatland Racing to see if they are going to do a disc protector for the X and they tell that the one they make for the R will do as the protector is slightly oversize. So, for those of you using the Flatland protector, do you think you could get measurement of just how oversize it actually is for me ? Do you think it would actually protect an X disc ?

Also, as a follow up question (I'm allowed one, right ? Very happy ), for those who are using the GYTR front disc protector, can you comment on what you think of the mounting system ? If I'm not mistaken, from the pics I've seen the bottom part of the mount is not really attached to anything and just sort of touches the bottom of the fork to keep if from moving. This doesn't look anwhere near as robust as the Flatland protector but I could be wrong..........
Back to top Go down
DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Front Disc Protector Questions 486324012_ke5mB-L
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:29 pm

I don't have either but the Flatland looks much beefier than the GYTR version and has a much beefier mount. But the Flatland doesn't look oversize enough to protect the larger X rotor. The GYTR mount bracket looks too damn whimpy to protect anything.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:12 am

Thanks for the pic, DirtFarmer. Is it an illusion or is the protector coverage equal all around ? It looks like there is more overhang on the bottom than the front. Do you think you could get me a measurement from the center of the axle to the widest point of the protector (bottom ?) ? Thanks again !

DirtFarmer wrote:
Front Disc Protector Questions 486324012_ke5mB-L
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:15 am

mwakey wrote:
I don't have either but the Flatland looks much beefier than the GYTR version and has a much beefier mount. But the Flatland doesn't look oversize enough to protect the larger X rotor. The GYTR mount bracket looks too damn whimpy to protect anything.

I agree. I may get the Flatland one anyway and figure out a way to extend the coverage if necessary.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:17 am

I think it's the angle of the shot. It's not dead on center, so it seems to look like the bottom has more extension than the front.

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:40 pm

I know it's an old tread but did you got the answer about the disk guard ?
Which one did tou choose ?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:23 pm

This one...

Front Disc Protector Questions 0000_Acerbis_Spider_Evolution_Front_Disc_Cover

You'll need to get the adapter for it.

Unless you are bouncing through rocks, that's all you'll ever need.
Back to top Go down
john westcott

john westcott

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Who makes those?
Back to top Go down
Marylucky

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 am

X-Racer wrote:
This one...

Front Disc Protector Questions 0000_Acerbis_Spider_Evolution_Front_Disc_Cover

You'll need to get the adapter for it.

Unless you are bouncing through rocks, that's all you'll ever need.

is it only for the R or they make one for the X ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Disc Protector Questions   Front Disc Protector Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Disc Protector Questions
Page 1 of 1