Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?

Go down 
+3
TwilightZone
motokid
bigg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bigg

bigg

Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?   Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 pm

What do you guys think about aftermarket front sprocket protectors like the one from Zeta?

Apart from looking cool, what is their improved function over the stock one?

I just pulled off mine after a couple months and its fully encrusted with chain grease/lube and sand/small rocks. The open design of the aftermarket ones would probably prevent so much dirt accumulating, but since I use my R for daily commuting I wouldn't want all that grease that is now stuck on the protector to end up on my pants. Also I use my R 90% on the road as the closest legal trails are a couple hours drive away.

In the summer I also sometimes happen to use it with jeans (like 10 minutes rides to a friends house or the beach), are those protectors safe or is there a risk of getting caught in the sprocket?

what are my options (apart from the Zeta one) and is it worth the money in my case would you say?

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?   Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:35 pm

I don't know about the Zeta shit.....but if I was going to get what you're talking about i'd buy from this wonderful member of this wonderful forum:

click me <-- clicky

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
TwilightZone

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?   Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Yea from me. Bought Sandman procuct "Case Saver kits with Guard".
Prompt, good fit, happy with the product.
Allows you to check the swingarm guard and sprocket without removing stuff.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?   Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:06 pm

The stock cover collects to much crap, for my liking.No cover at all, would allow quicker maintenance/inspection...But, I suppose there should be some kinda guard there...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?   Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 2:30 pm

I removed stock cover a few thousand miles ago. Never once has anything been caught in countershaft or chain.
I ride in sneakers and jeans a lot when commuting to work.

Being more from a roadracing and street background I never really pinch feet and legs in close to frame though.
My foot position is typically more towards the outside of the peg.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?   Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Sandman case saver doing its job. Lost masterlink at about 50mph

[img]Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? 09110[/img]
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?   Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:22 pm

motokid wrote:
I removed stock cover a few thousand miles ago....

Moto, I assume you have a case saver then?
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?   Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:02 pm

I took the cover off and made a case saver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?   Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket front sprocket protector, yay or nay?
Page 1 of 1