Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come

Go down 
+2
Hertz
bren5279
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bren5279

New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come Empty
PostSubject: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Hey all, Ill be picking up my new wr250x wednesday hopefully, cant wait to get it. Ive had my fair share of dirt bikes (25+) n street bikes (5) so im not new to riding, just wanted a change of pace so Im goin supermoto.

Cant wait to start modding it. I do my own powdercoating so first thing I plan on doing is the wheels like I did on my 450f like this:
New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come ?action=view&current=15d60a42
https://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/bren5279/?action=view¤t=15d60a42.jpg
n this
New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come ?action=view&current=61859cc1
https://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/bren5279/?action=view¤t=61859cc1.jpg
has anyone else out there done their wheels? Ill probably pc some other stuff too.

Ill also probably doo the chain too (lot of work but totally worth it though) like I did on my R6 like this:
New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come ?action=view&current=137
https://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/bren5279/?action=view¤t=137.jpg
Any input / avice is welcome,
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Nice, Do you own/work for a powdercoating company or just do it as a hobby at home?
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:33 pm

I actually do it myself. No company or anything. taughy myself learned the tricks n whatnot through practice.

Took about 1500 for equipment and stuff to learn but well worth the knowledge n money I saved/made.
I actually did wheels for people like the way I pictured for some cash at one point.
Back to top Go down
lifejacket

lifejacket

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Welcome!! Which part of VA are you in?
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Im in Blacksburg (VA tech) but Im normally bout 20 min north of charlotte (mooresville) NC when Im not at tech
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Welcome to the pack! Nice hobby you have...wow! eeek

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:32 pm

thankeee!! yeah Ill be able to do wheels for people come summer if anyones interested
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 pm

bren5279 wrote:
thankeee!! yeah Ill be able to do wheels for people come summer if anyones interested
I probably wouldn't be one of the guys interested in that to begin with.

But if I was, the big show stopper would be relacing the wheels afterwards.

I tried lacing a wheel once.

Just once.

A long, long time ago.

After a couple of days, I was reduced to a hysterical, gibbering fool. It is still an ugly scar on my memory.

I think it would be less painful circumcising yourself with a rusty tin can lid.
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Hahaha actually its really not that hard, takes me about 4 hours maybe? Ive got a trick to doing it that I figured out that gets it perfect, I can get it down to about a milimeter side to side and half up and down.
The only problem is I dont know how close the tolerences have to be for supermoto....
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm

So I got my 250x today! wings Thing is very agile as I expected, But I will say this much, if anyone is curious as to how it compares with an r6 here is what I say:

r6 vs wr250x:
R6:
much faster stoping power
obviously a lot faster and more powerful
feels a lot safer and stable
a bit smoother
wr250x:
10x more agile and nimble (can throw it around like a bicycle)
feels literally like taking a 250f on the street...
not quite as comfortable riding position wise and seat comfortwise
I can actually turn around in a 1 lane road!! yay!!
feels like its kinda stretching it power wise on the highway
I feel like Im twice as tall, and get kicked around more by the wind.
Both:
still the tendency to speed (a lot more at slow speed for the wr, more at high with the r6)

Conclusion: I NEED A TURBO!!!
still worrying about idiots cutting me off.
Back to top Go down
love2lean

love2lean

PostSubject: let ride man   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:02 pm

I will be in Catawba valley (just outside of blacksburg) 4/8 - 10 . I like riding 311 hard but I have no one to ride with so I hold back a little for safety reasons. Would love to meet up with ya! Call me if your available that weekend my name is Aaron 828 450 3691.
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Cool man, But idk if Ill have it up and running by then. once I get these hubs coated ill have to find the time to relace the rims. Plus believe it or not I dont even have a helmet yet. Ive still got to get one (deciding between supermoto or mx)
But if I have it done then sounds cool.
Ive actually been sitting on google maps looking for offroad trails (since I wana try it offroad asap) and ive found some sick looking forest roads. If youre interested in taking offroad that is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come   New from VA  wr250x comin wed    Powder Coating mods to come Empty

Back to top Go down

New from VA wr250x comin wed Powder Coating mods to come
Page 1 of 1