Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from Texas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tx2whlr

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:39 pm

I don't currently own an R2, but am looking at swapping my 08 klr 650 into one . I'm looking for a more trail worthy bike and don't really use the klr for its intended purpose. The few dualsport rides I've had it on I couldn't help but wish I was on a lighter better suspended bike. I've spent a good chunk of change on it trying to improve the suspension and make it more offroad worthy, but there's just no replacment for more travel and lighter weight , so the R2 is on a short list and probably the only one on it I can afford right now, the others Husky TE610 and Ktm 690r. I also have a plated 04 ktm exc 450 for the realy tuff stuff which makes the klr really feel like a pig offroad. I'll probably post in the wanted to buy that I'm looking for a clean used wr250r and see what happens.

Thanks, Pete.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Welcome to the pack, Pete! thumb I know from my own personal experience, I don't miss the heavy bike. Once I got the R² everything bigger didn't matter. This thing just keeps getting better each time I ride it. You can do a lot of things with it, which is really neat, and more things are coming out for it as it gains popularity. Stick around and I'm sure any questions you might have will be answered by our dedicated members. Feel free to leave some beer in Mark's cooler and he'll be around to say hello. Very happy

inspector

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Welcome, Hi

*my first DS bike, (so i really don't know squat), but if he is spending money trying to upgrade his other bikes, does he really want a 250r?
Back to top Go down
turboedmsp

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:30 pm

what part of tx are u in. maybe we can meet up sometime.
Back to top Go down
tx2whlr

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:22 am

inspector wrote:
Welcome, Hi

*my first DS bike, (so i really don't know squat), but if he is spending money trying to upgrade his other bikes, does he really want a 250r?

What I want is a lighter nimbler bike more power is not always better, I also have a 04 ktm 450 exc that I've made street legal (barely). I love the ktm but rarely use much of the availible power when riding offroad and although I do all my own wrenching keeeping it in tip top condition if you put on thousans of miles a year would be very time consuming.

Pete.
Back to top Go down
tx2whlr

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: hello from tx   Hello from Texas EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:24 am

turboedmsp wrote:
what part of tx are u in. maybe we can meet up sometime.

I'm about 300 miles north in Denton.

Pete.
Back to top Go down
tx2whlr

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: hello from tx   Hello from Texas EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:37 am

I sold the klr this week and picked up a very slightly used (59 miles) 08 r2. I got a short 25 mile ride in when I brought it home and as usual for me when I buy a new bike its been raining ever since. My first impression is theres not much torque, I knew that going in, but the engine revs so effortlessly that you don't feel as though your abusing it, and it seems to get up to speed quickly. I think regearing will be the first mod along with ais removal and see how it pulls then before I move onto pipe and tuner changes.

Pete.

PS, I'd post a pic but I 'm not familiar with your posting configuration.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Well, hopefully after your mods you really like it then. I really like mine, couldn't imagine anything heavier. Wish I could mod mine out, but no money. (I'm pretty much a "stock" person anyway".lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Texas
Page 1 of 1