Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New from Texas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jglow

New from Texas Empty
PostSubject: New from Texas   New from Texas EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:05 am

My wife and I are both switching over to wr250r's from our current klx250s's. We are riding the Western Trans-America Trail this summer and I liked the additional wattage the wrr has to run electrics, and not having to deal with re-jetting in the high altitudes is a plus thumb . So far I have picked up our first wrr - a 2008 WR250r with about 2600 miles. Keeping an eye out for the second one to complete our set. I am sure I will have plenty of questions for the forum as I get into the modding of both bikes for the trip.

After picking up a second hand wrr, are there any unusual wear areas that I should check out, or bolts that commonly loosen? Pretty much from what I gathered, the fuel pump is the only real potential weak point of the bike.

Jordan
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

New from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Texas   New from Texas EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:17 am

Howdy. :)

As with any used bike, I'd grease the rear suspension bearings/collars/oil seals/bolts/nuts as well as the steering head bearings and seals.
Back to top Go down

New from Texas
Page 1 of 1