Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

hyde racing skid plate on wr250x

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cibo

hyde racing skid plate on wr250x Empty
PostSubject: hyde racing skid plate on wr250x   hyde racing skid plate on wr250x EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:34 pm

has anybody had a chance to see a hyde racing skidplate for the wr250f to see if it would bolt up (with mods) to a wr250r/x?
their CS is not so hot at returning emails or they just don't care to entertain wr250r/x owners.

Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: hyde racing skid plate on wr250x   hyde racing skid plate on wr250x EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:24 am

I modified an Acerbis plastic glide plate from a wr250f to my R2. It will fit, but you need to be able to mold it - the F frame is considerably narrower than the R. The plastic could be molded to fit with just a heat gun.
Back to top Go down
cibo

PostSubject: Re: hyde racing skid plate on wr250x   hyde racing skid plate on wr250x EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:58 pm

well, i called hyde and they mentioned that the wr20r/x is a bastard child of Yamaha's so the wr250f skidplate MIGHT work.

so i bought a sheet of 3/8" x 2' x 4' UHMW (ultra high molecular weight) and am going to give it a try fabbing my own. i'll even have some left over to try to make master cylinder guards and maybe caliper guards. good, it's not going to look. functional yes, beautiful, no.

or... i might just screw it all up and end up buying a hyde after all.
i'll post pic when (if) it's done.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: hyde racing skid plate on wr250x   hyde racing skid plate on wr250x EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 am

i had hyde racing swingarm guards on my ktm, it took awhile to get them but they fit really nice and did the job. wish they did make more wrr/x specific products

hyde racing skid plate on wr250x 1a0b6edf

hyde racing skid plate on wr250x 4984dead
Back to top Go down
LukeDuke25

PostSubject: Re: hyde racing skid plate on wr250x   hyde racing skid plate on wr250x EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:27 am

I would go with the Flatland Racing Skid Plates. They work great, and are proven on the WR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hyde racing skid plate on wr250x   hyde racing skid plate on wr250x Empty

Back to top Go down

hyde racing skid plate on wr250x
Page 1 of 1