Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SKidplate/Rad Guard

Go down 
+24
rydnseek
kitfox22
WRRSam
Jäger
DirtFarmer
john92
skierd
asheville thumper
fasteer
0007onWR
inspector
INSTIGATOR
BPG
shredak
Fargo_Wolf
mwakey
mtb
Krabill
boogn1sh
spikehead
Don T
Louisbiker
YamWOW!
SheWolf
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

SKidplate/Rad Guard Empty
PostSubject: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:27 pm

Who has what on their scoot?

I have a B&B Offroad skiddy and a Force Industries Rad Guard. I went one step further with the rad guard and added metal mesh bug screen to stop my fins getting plugged up with the critters. thumb

SKidplate/Rad Guard IMG_0864
SKidplate/Rad Guard P1000471

Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:43 pm

I have to get one of those radiator guards. Maybe for Valentines day. wink
Back to top Go down
Louisbiker

Louisbiker

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 4:55 am

Nice new bash plate installed... I bought this from http://www.ballards.cc/ here in Australia ... i believe it's the same one that many people sell. Big Dog has the same one.

SKidplate/Rad Guard 3257842028_5c2d9d81ec_b

Took it off the next day. the engine noise that reverberates from that thing is unbelievable.

I'm thinking of getting some rubber and gluing it to the top.
Also isolating it from the frame on rubber as well.

Has anyone sucessfully made one of these quiet??

Last edited by Louisbiker on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Don T

Don T

PostSubject: Flatland Racing Skid Plate.   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:53 am

SKidplate/Rad Guard IMG_4562

Easy to mount, good protection and no problems with noise or anything else.
Back to top Go down
spikehead

spikehead

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:04 pm

How long does shipping take on those Force rad guards? I need one before the TAT.

SheWolf wrote:

I have a...Force Industries Rad Guard. I went one step further with the rad guard and added metal mesh bug screen to stop my fins getting plugged up with the critters. thumb

SKidplate/Rad Guard IMG_0864
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:12 pm

What is the deal with the holes in some bash plates? I figure its either for weight, heat or both. I know one is for drain plug access.
If heat is not a problem I'll get a solid unit. Seems like the holes would just get plugged up with mud and debris & make it harder to clean?
What am I missing?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:48 pm

It took mine 5 days to get from Oz to Canada.

As for the holes, some of it is for noise, others it is easier drainage. Mine is solid and I don't have any troubles with either. thumb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 pm

I bought the solid one. We've got lots of rocks around here and the solid aluminum one just seemed like a better idea.
Back to top Go down
spikehead

spikehead

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 6:37 am

Thanks SheWolf. thumb
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Hey Mark... I've been a BAD boy wink wink

SKidplate/Rad Guard Photo0106me2

Pretty nicely packed I would say wink
SKidplate/Rad Guard Photo0107bf6

TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! cheers
SKidplate/Rad Guard Photo0108dd6
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:29 pm

Ya, Ya, Ya! I saw your box on TT. Where is mine?!!! Maybe tomorrow. Let's get em mounted up.... needpics
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:53 pm

I am sure you will get it tomorrow... Why?

errm.... scratch

Anyway you will get it by this week I believe.... thumb
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:10 am

Got it onto the bike.... *bling* wink wink wink

Sorry for the dirty bike frame.... nothing compares to Mark's clean X droooool

SKidplate/Rad Guard Photo01102mn3

It came with 2 high quality and super sticky stickers.... and I think I screwed it up trying to place them onto the fork guards baldy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Looks GREAT!! thumb Don't let Mark fool you...his bike may be clean but he's a dirty boy. lol!

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:43 pm

Looks good mtb. Even with the dirty frame. thumb You been off roading again?

My plate is not here yet! And I doubt they will deliver it tomorrow on a Saturday, unless they sent it through the Post. We don't get UPS or Fed Ex down here on the weekends. The Fla. Keys are like another planet to delivery people. It always takes longer to get stuff down here. I expect mine will be here Monday.

That ought to give me time to polish up my frame for the photo shoot! It got a little dust on it today. Very happy
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:56 am

SheWolf wrote:
Looks GREAT!! thumb Don't let Mark fool you...his bike may be clean but he's a dirty boy. lol!

poser2 poser2 poser2
The rubber gloves? wink

It rains a lot here in Singapore, and every time I polish my helmet or bike, it will rain a couple of days later baldy

Have you gotten your plate Mark? freaky
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Sure! Make fun of old Mark who STILL has NO SKID PLATE! dddog

What the heck am I going to polish now? I finished the bike tonight and I still have half a bottle of very expensive imported carnuba wax leftover. Very happy

Hey MTB, you don't have to tell me about trying to keep stuff clean during the rainy season. Ours starts in June along with the hurricane season. Seems like every time I detail my truck it rains the next day during the summer. I won't be riding as much this summer as I do now. Our winters are great and hardly much rain. Nice cool ocean breezes and lots of cloud free riding days right now. I've put more miles on my bike in the last three months than I did all last summer and fall. Does it ever stop raining in Singapore long enough where you get a few months of mostly dry weather?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Very happy Very happy Very happy

mwakey wrote:
Does it ever stop raining in Singapore long enough where you get a few months of mostly dry weather?

Not that I can recall.... scratch

Basic daily weather forecast in Singapore will be like this:

Average temperature at 31 degree Celsius, expect early/late afternoon shower in central/eastern/western/northern part of Singapore

When it is really hot for a couple of days, it will rain baldy
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:41 pm

Lookie what I got today! FINALLY!!!!!

I didn't like the bolts that came with it. Mainly because I didn't have that size wrench at home. Very happy So I dug into my treasure chest of junk and found some black bolts for the front and some slightly longer bolts for the rear. I also noticed that the very rear of the plate was a silly millimeter away from making contact with the frame and thought that may be an issue with possible noise from vibration. So I mounted the plate with some nylon washers on the inside between the plate and bike. The washers jacked it out just enough to keep it well clear of the frame. Looks good and I am totally happy with the perfect fit and bend of the plate. It's not as beefy as some but will do for my kind of riding.

Oh ya, and I polished up my frame just for this pic, so you can see what yours will look like after you get all that mud off your bike MTB!!

SKidplate/Rad Guard DSCN2843
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:20 pm

mwakey wrote:
Oh ya, and I polished up my frame just for this pic, so you can see what yours will look like after you get all that mud off your bike MTB!!

SKidplate/Rad Guard DSCN2843

Oh ya!! Finally ya? wink

Hey... the last words.... they hurt dutch

I will find some time and get my X clean up wink

oh ya got the new fuel pump in today.... it's weird that the filter looks pretty dark/dirty.... I have only been pumping local fuel... Will be monitoring the bike and hope for the best
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 am

Just kidding about the mud dude. wink

Good luck with the new fuel pump. Let us know if you still have that same problem.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 am

mwakey wrote:
Just kidding about the mud dude. wink

Good luck with the new fuel pump. Let us know if you still have that same problem.

freaky

So far so good with the new pump... I rode hard and hot today, and it seems to perform well so far *touch wood*

One interesting finding though... the pitch of the buzz when it's building pressure is different...

My old pump had a lower pitch whereas the new one has a higher pitch dunno
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:40 pm

Interesting. I wonder if they made an update to that pump? Possibly Yamaha used a different vendor for the electric motor inside? Could explain the different pitch in sound. Did you see your old pump after they removed it? What did the filter look like? Was there much dirt build up on it? Just wondering if the filter is doing it's job or possibly the filter got too contaminated and leaned out the old pump until it finally quit working right.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 pm

yes sir I did.... the filter was BLACK... and I could even see some residue at the base of the pump Rolling Eyes

Looks a bit like this...
SKidplate/Rad Guard Dirty_filter

i only pump locally, and only 98 or V-power baldy
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 11:52 pm

Well I hope it wasn't the filter that took out the pump. That could get expensive once it's out of warranty. I would really like to see a customer serviceable fuel filter on this bike, but since the pump is in the tank it makes it hard for the average Joe to do his own maintenence. And for those who ARE willing to do it, it looks like a pain in the ass job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard Empty

Back to top Go down

SKidplate/Rad Guard
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next