Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Battery tender recommendations?

Go down 
+4
Daddio
SheWolf
Dancamp
Trailmoto
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Trailmoto

Trailmoto

Battery tender recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:34 pm

I am looking for a battery tender and have no prior experience with them. If anyone has any good info on this subject I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:46 pm

Trailmoto wrote:
I am looking for a battery tender and have no prior experience with them. If anyone has any good info on this subject I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks

I never used a battery tender so I don't understand the need for it. During the winter, I always started my motorcyles at least once a month and most of the time every two weeks.

Awaiting the opinions about it.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:05 am

I use a battery tender every winter. Actually I use it thru the year because I also us it with my quad. Real handy piece of equipment to have. thumb

Trailmoto

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:09 am

Lynn,

what tender do you use?
Back to top Go down
Daddio

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:16 am

I've been using the Optimate III on our quads for years, and it keeps the YFZ batteries in good shape.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Tender   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:28 am

I've used this on all my bikes for years with no issues. Nice thing is it plugs into the wall with only a cord in your way. I don't think I have ever paid more than $29 for one and I've never had one fail.
http://batterytender.com/motorcycle/battery-tender-junior-12v-at-0-75a.html
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:37 am

Battery Tender Jr.

Got it on sale from Cycle Gear for $20.

Couldn't have spent a better $20 if I tried.

Motorcycle batteries are notoriously easy to lose during colder months.

The ease of use, and piece of mind you get with a battery tender is fabulous.

Can't recommend enough.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:10 am

I have one of these. I purchased it in 2005 and have used it every day on 3 different bikes (DRZ400SM, Aprilia Shiver, and the WR250X).
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 am

Scott I'm running the same one Akasy posted. It's small and it ran me $40.

Trailmoto

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 am

Thanks everyone, I'll be picking one up ASAP.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:58 am

motokid wrote:
Battery Tender Jr.

+1 recommendation for Battery Tender Jr. I have three of them. One is quite old and it never skips a beat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery tender recommendations?   Battery tender recommendations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Battery tender recommendations?
Page 1 of 1