Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lost my friggin' toolkit

Go down 
+4
vwsandman
mwakey
SpiritWolf15
Goggles Pisano
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano

Lost my friggin' toolkit Empty
PostSubject: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:37 pm

I just noticed it's gone. Could have fallen off anywhere over the last week or two. baldy

So what are the bare minimum tools I should bring with me on the trails?
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Goggles Pisano wrote:
I just noticed it's gone. Could have fallen off anywhere over the last week or two. baldy

So what are the bare minimum tools I should bring with me on the trails?

Tire irons, tube repair/patch kit, allen keys, a multi-bit driver, mini sockets maybe, electrical tape, duck tape, measuring device (tape measure or other) and anything else to think you might need, but all that stuff is pretty much the standard.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Tape measure? scratch
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:10 pm

I am using the dirt bike gear medium tail bag with a pelican hard case inside for tools on my bike (pelican case fits just inside the dirt bike bag perfect!) Stock tool holder is a joke, so I turned it into a mini first aid holder instead, that stuff weighed less (less likely to go flying off) and we should all have that on our bike for a ride anyway!

Here is a picture (sorry only one I have on my laptop)

[img]Lost my friggin' toolkit P1040799_Medium[/img]

Last edited by vwsandman on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:13 pm

mwakey wrote:
Tape measure? scratch

Always carry a tape measure.... never know when you'll need to measure random stuff.... makes a good last minute garrote too >;3
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Tibarus wrote:
mwakey wrote:
Tape measure? scratch

Always carry a tape measure.... never know when you'll need to measure random stuff.... makes a good last minute garrote too >;3

Like what random stuff? I'm not building a house. My bike broke down along side the road. I need tools, not a Skill saw and hammer.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:44 pm

mwakey wrote:
Tibarus wrote:
mwakey wrote:
Tape measure? scratch

Like what random stuff? I'm not building a house. My bike broke down along side the road. I need tools, not a Skill saw and hammer.

Eh, distances between obstacles... maybe... mailing I think carry one to check chain sag, wheel alignment (if you have to repair a tube or something)
Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:51 am

Added to tool kit
+ zip ties

For deeper excursions
+ QUIKSTEEL epoxy putty
+ wad of tp in a Ziplock bag (better safe than...)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:44 am

Yes...YES!!! I watched someone use a leaf of Devil's Club once...NOT a pretty sight. eeek

Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:46 am

SheWolf wrote:
Yes...YES!!! I watched someone use a leaf of Devil's Club once...NOT a pretty sight. eeek
You WATCHED...

...OOOOKaaaayyyyyyyyyy

Some things just don't need to be show and tell with critique on technique offered afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Fargo_Wolf

Fargo_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 7:58 am

SheWolf wrote:

poser2 Very happy Yeah... Question is, is, DID they learn from it, aside from providing a good deal of aqmusement.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 8:51 am

Jager, I was on a fire way up in the bush and just happened to trip across one of the unit crew, who apparently at time, thought what he was using was some big, soft fuzzy leaf, and had no idea about devil's club... wink I was far enough away to see only how big the leaf really was. A little late to yell anything, but...*chuckles*

PostSubject: Re: Lost my friggin' toolkit   Lost my friggin' toolkit Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost my friggin' toolkit
Page 1 of 1