Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4? Empty
PostSubject: Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4?   Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:16 am

The powercore is just a tad on the loud side and I'm thinking of either getting a silencer slip in or maybe eventually going to a Q4 if they are a lot quieter. I just don't want to give up any power advantage! dddog
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4?   Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:57 am

My Q4 is not a bother to me, I'd buy it again without hesitation, but it's loud enough. Early on I test rode a bike with a Powercore; it WAS a bother to me; said right then I'd never own one.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4?   Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:03 am

The Q4 is quieter, but you'll trade some performance.
No two ways about it.
It still has more performance than the stock muffler, though.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4?   Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Change the header to a megabomb or powerbomb, FMF advertises both as quieting down the exhaust, and if thats not enough add the quiet insert (which will hurt performance).
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4?   Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:12 pm

having heard the powerbomb plus pc4 and megabomb plus pc4 the megabomb is by far quieter.
the only difference, besides mentioned, is the megabomb bike had a pc5 and the powerbomb a fmf controller.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4?   Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sooo how much quieter is the FMF Q4 over the powercore 4?
Page 1 of 1