Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wheel rubbing on front forks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Wheel rubbing on front forks Empty
PostSubject: Wheel rubbing on front forks   Wheel rubbing on front forks EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:53 am

Hey all, just got back from the Pine Barrens, cut the trip kinda short because of the rain and me being so sore. Anyway I noticed it looks like I have some wheel rubbing issues up front. It weirds me out because the front end is all stock and the wheel seems very tight. But it rubbed a hole in my Kreiga boots and it is starting to really wear on the seal. Any suggestions? The bike only has 500 miles on it but I'm not sure if the dealer would do anything for me, or if they would what I could expect. Thanks guys!!

Wheel rubbing on front forks DSC01603

Wheel rubbing on front forks DSC01602

Wheel rubbing on front forks DSC01601

Wheel rubbing on front forks DSC01604
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Wheel rubbing on front forks   Wheel rubbing on front forks EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:01 am

I doubt it's from the wheel or tire, but from the fork tube guard sliding over it.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Wheel rubbing on front forks   Wheel rubbing on front forks EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:16 am

There is absolutely no way that is from wheel rub. I don't even think that's from the fork guards. But that would be the only thing that could hit. It looks like from the pic it just split and then got worse as the forks continually worked while riding.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Wheel rubbing on front forks   Wheel rubbing on front forks EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:40 am

Agreed, the culprit is your fork guard. Look where it slides thru the opening. If your wheel had done that, you would have been launched off your bike. eeek

PostSubject: Re: Wheel rubbing on front forks   Wheel rubbing on front forks EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Take a heat gun (or hold it over the stove burner) and bend that upper lip of the guard outward. Wear gloves and be patient, it'll bend. Several of us have had this issue.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Wheel rubbing on front forks   Wheel rubbing on front forks EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Doh! I should have seen that, it's been a long weekend. I'm gonna take a heat gun to it and see what I can do. Too bad about the Kreiga boot, I only had it for one ride and they aint cheap. Thanks guys!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel rubbing on front forks   Wheel rubbing on front forks Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheel rubbing on front forks
Page 1 of 1