Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today Empty
PostSubject: Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today   Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:14 pm

I copied Striper19's airbox mod and got the Uni-filters and drilled into my airbox today.

Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today Web

Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today Web-1

I guess you can oil the little foam filters like the air filter but for now I think I'm choosing not to. She can finally breathe!!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today   Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Just be real careful when you hit water.... eeek

PostSubject: Re: Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today   Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:10 pm

I've got 5 on the top. I've gone through pretty deep water, no problem. I was able to maintain speed, and didn't have a drop of water in the box. I can't say for sure water was flowing over the top of the box, but there was dried up spots on top. The water got to about the bottom of the seat momentarily, on more than one occasion.

I don't have any in the door. Thinking about taking the door off, which would negate having the filters on top. I always wonder if any air passes through them at all, versus taking the easy route through the normal path.

I ride an X, so not too much deep water crossings in my future. Nothing duct tape can't cover up.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today   Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:34 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking. I go through a lot of puddles but no river crossings. But if it is really wet out and/or I plan on going on an adventure where there might be a lot of water, I can just put a couple strips of duct tape on the door. Hopefully it won't be an issue. Overall, it seems to breathe a little better.
Back to top Go down
simonpig

simonpig

PostSubject: Re: Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today   Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Where did you sources those little airbox hole plug/ filters?
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today   Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:21 pm

I got mine here:

http://www.jrgraham.com/itemdetail.do?action=prepare_detail&itm_id=130537
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today   Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today Empty

Back to top Go down

Did my Uni-filters Airbox mod today
Page 1 of 1