Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New IMS tank and Radiator Guards

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mordicai

New IMS tank and Radiator Guards Empty
PostSubject: New IMS tank and Radiator Guards   New IMS tank and Radiator Guards EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:57 pm

People are asking if the new IMS tank will allow the use of radiator guards. I'm confused. I thought the new IMS tank and the Safari tank protect the radiator so that guards are unnecessary. I'm thinking of getting the IMS 4.5 over the 3, because it will protect my radiator without the use of a guard. I don't think I'm correct here.......
Back to top Go down
greenfire6

greenfire6

PostSubject: Re: New IMS tank and Radiator Guards   New IMS tank and Radiator Guards EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:56 pm

My understanding is the radiators are at risk to side impacts as well as the normal "missle" (i.e: roost type) impacts.

Without looking into this much my take is the big IMS tank will all but totally protect your radiator from a side impact. Like when tipping over or crashing on the radiator side. Maybe even from getting T-boned by a cage at an intersection. dunno

I can't imagine how a big IMS tank would protect your radiator from "missle" damage.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: New IMS tank and Radiator Guards   New IMS tank and Radiator Guards EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks. I never thought about the missle aspect of it. My first water cooled bike, but I've certainly been dropping them for years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New IMS tank and Radiator Guards   New IMS tank and Radiator Guards Empty

Back to top Go down

New IMS tank and Radiator Guards
Page 1 of 1