Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport Empty
PostSubject: New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport   New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:39 pm

yeah, the new Dirt Bike magazine has quite a few pages on making a YZ450 into a lean, mean, street legal machine. I haven't read it yet, looks awesome though! Anybody read it?
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport   New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Yeah, I read it. Occurred to me you might just as well buy a KTM or Husaberg and be done with it.

I didn't really see it as a "dual-sport" rather than "street legal racing bike" - and I don't think Dirt Bike magazine actually knows what a dual sport is. Or cares. Or a combination of both. The amount of ink devoted to its performance on the slab, road manners, etc was most conspicuous by its absence. In my opinion, there's a difference between a street legal competition dirt bike and a dual sport bike, and they're usually ridden in two very different ways.

What also wasn't discussed more than in passing is that it is getting increasingly difficult to plate - or keep plated - restricted use motorcycles. Some jurisdictions are even lifting the licensing and registration of dirt bikes when they come back in for renewal.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport   New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:22 pm

You're right, there's definitely a difference between a street legal dirt racer and a true dual sport bike. I'm from a motocross background and always dreamed of plating a moto x bike, but yeah, off the track that YZ probably wouldn't be that practical. I guess a WR450R minus 20lbs would be the ideal dual sport bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport   New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport Empty

Back to top Go down

New DirtBike Magazine? Making a YZ450 Dual-Sport
Page 1 of 1