Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Boot's

Go down 
+6
Buzzbomber
turboedmsp
mwakey
CopaMundial
INSTIGATOR
0007onWR
10 posters
AuthorMessage
0007onWR

0007onWR

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Boot's   Boot's EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm looking for a boot that I can use on my R as well as street bikes, I dont want a full on MX boot or anything too Xtreme lookin
Has anyone tried the Icon superduty 3 or TCX Jupiter 2 XCR?
Good website to scope out for gear is kneedraggers.com
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 7:20 pm

I got Thor 50/50's. Good price and very comfy on/off the bike.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Ya, I have looked at them all, I like the 50/50 but they are just too funky looking for me, I want something more sedate like the ones I mentioned
Back to top Go down
CopaMundial

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:33 am

My experience has been that MX boots don't look too bad if you wear over-the-boot pants.
I currently have Sidi Crossfires that I wear most of the time for both on or off road. They don't look too bad, only the part from the ankle joint down is visible (see file photo below, not my boots, but mine look exactly like that).).

Boot's 2007_Sidi_Crossfire_TA_Boot

I wear them with either my Motoport Ultra II stretch kevlar pants (on the street) or with my Rev'It Mistral pants (on/off-road). The Rev'It pants are street pants really, but I wear them as a sort of a cross-over thing... abrasion resistance when I'm on the road, but comfortable enough off-road too.
One item worth noting... if you're going to use over-the-boot pants when riding off-road, just make sure they can be adjusted at the bottom to fit snugly around your boot... otherwise you run the risk of catching your pant leg on the foot peg.

When I'm commuting to work I usually carry some dress shoes in my backpack, but I will occasionally wear my Combat Touring Lites from RiderWarehouse.http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Aerostich-Combat-Lites-Boots-p-16559.html.

I wouldn't recommend those Combat Touring boots. They would give you great abrasion resistance, but not much else in the way of protection.
After feeling the protection from my Crossfires I feel under-dressed in anything else.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 1:19 am

This is what I'm thinkin abouthttp://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Icon_Superduty_3_Boots--622683.html
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:31 am

INSTIGATOR wrote:

Hey Frank where are you buying your riding gear down here? Riva doesn't have jack for accessories. I hate to buy apparel online and would rather go try it on in the store before spending that kind of cash. Who has a good selection up Miami way?
Back to top Go down
turboedmsp

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:29 am

hey 0007onwr

i have some fox shorty boots for sale...i wear these and have an extra set size 10.. let me know if you are interested. i have them posted on another forum and have been thanking about ebay.

Aaron

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38961
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:16 am

Dang, I wish you were size 11 LOL
Back to top Go down
Buzzbomber

Buzzbomber

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:29 am

FWIW, I picked up a pair of Alpinestars Tech 2 boots for all-around usage and they seem to be working out pretty well. Not too expensive and not too spacy looking, but much more protective than the hiking boots I've been wearing without being as restrictive as the Oxtar boots I had for offroad years ago. Tech 2
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:20 pm

It's a tough decision on gear huh
I ordered a pair of 50/50's they should be here today
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:54 pm

I'm a full race boot guy, you just can't beat the protection.
Here's about the only thing that is not a full road-race or motoX boot that I'd consider

Boot's Klim_lg_3008-Adrenaline_L

buy 'em here:
http://www.dualsportarmory.com/product_details.php?category_id=13&item_id=248
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:30 pm

mwakey wrote:
INSTIGATOR wrote:

Hey Frank where are you buying your riding gear down here? Riva doesn't have jack for accessories. I hate to buy apparel online and would rather go try it on in the store before spending that kind of cash. Who has a good selection up Miami way?

Palmetto Motorsports, good selection and prices are on par with online stores.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyThu May 07, 2009 8:30 pm

boogn1sh wrote:
I'm a full race boot guy, you just can't beat the protection.
Here's about the only thing that is not a full road-race or motoX boot that I'd consider

Boot's Klim_lg_3008-Adrenaline_L

buy 'em here:
http://www.dualsportarmory.com/product_details.php?category_id=13&item_id=248

Those are nice but they're a snowmobile boot, it's crazy hot here in the summer, those would kill ya
As far as Klim goes they are awesome, I have the Radium gore boot's for sledding, best boot I have ever used
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:03 pm

INSTIGATOR wrote:
mwakey wrote:
INSTIGATOR wrote:

Palmetto Motorsports, good selection and prices are on par with online stores.

Thanks. I may have to make the trip up to the big city soon. Motorsports Miami used to be up in Goulds, but I heard they closed up that store. Too bad, cuz they were closer and had a good stock of stuff.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:42 pm

I ordered white Gaerne GMX boots for dual purpose, touring, vacation, casual riding.
For offroad sports riding I got Alpinestars Tech 6, for Supermoto Sidi Flexforce with sliding pads that are wearing off quickly, unfortunately.
Regards, Phil
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:47 pm

SIDI Discoveries or the Aerostich Combat Touring boot (very similar and made by SIDI) are excellent dual purpose boots which provide enough protection for most off road stuff, are felxible enough for on road stuff, can be walked in, and look "normal".
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Have you ever noticed that if Sidi fits your feet good then Astars don't? Also vica-versa? Sidi's are very uncomfortable for me, (heel slides around), but Astars fit like a glove.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boot's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot's   Boot's Empty

Back to top Go down

Boot's
Page 1 of 1