Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fuel tank range??

Go down 
+9
SheWolf
Fuzzy Wrench
trav72
kjharn
mordicai
little squirt
TBird1
skierd
DougZ
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DougZ

DougZ

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:37 pm

How many miles should I be able to get out of stock tank??

with 12tooth?

Obviously, how hard I am on throttle will make a difference, so say moderate to aggressive riding, 3-5th gear stuff.
Back to top Go down
skierd

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Average 120 miles to dead out, worst was 90 miles, best was 155 miles. thumb Usually filled up at 100-110 miles.
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Of course with a sprocket change the odometer will be inaccurate anyway.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:23 pm

OK, thanks Skierd.

Tbird....yeah, I figured that......I use the GPS to keep track if my mileage.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:10 pm

I usually get about 85 miles til the low fuel light comes
Back to top Go down
mordicai

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:18 pm

little squirt wrote:
I usually get about 85 miles til the low fuel light comes
I don't know how you guys do it. My x with 13x45 gets 65 max before the low light comes on.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:23 pm

My R with stock gearing, I'm lucky to hit 65 before the dummy light comes on. Sometimes less wink
Back to top Go down
mordicai

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:33 pm

I guess the folks who get 85 just ride like little old ladies. Little Squirt and Wolf come to mind. Oop's.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:41 pm

I run 13/47 on my R wheels and my X wheels. I get significantly worse mileage on the street. My light comes on around 70-80 miles. But that's also because I rev the shit out of this bike on the street. With the R set of wheels in the dirt, it usually comes on around 90.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:03 pm

with 12 tooth front and Speedo Healer, just under 90 miles/ tank (140 km), conservative driving...rest of bike is stock.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:08 pm

mordicai wrote:
I guess the folks who get 85 just ride like little old ladies. Little Squirt and Wolf come to mind. Oop's.

*swats* Yeaaaaah ok Mord. poser2 Here's a 'little old lady' riding her WR250R. Very happy

Last edited by SheWolf on Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:30 pm

I bet Shewolf isn't the one in the movie. poser2
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:54 pm

How much? The guy who shot the vid is a member on here. Very happy

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:59 pm

kjharn wrote:
My R with stock gearing, I'm lucky to hit 65 before the dummy light comes on. Sometimes less wink

Yep, just did a 290 mile ride on Friday. Mine came on consistently at 60 miles. We were doing a lot of fire-roads and pretty much running WFO most of the time.
Can't wait for the IMS 4.75 to come in. I'm tired of not being able to pass a gas station....

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Often I'm gassing up twice a day. Sucks.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Looking good Shewolf. EeeeYaaa!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Not sure why I did that link. Hi def is up and if you look real close Dan, you'll see the decals on my bike, and if you look even closer, my boobs. poser2 Full screen, mind you. woohoo

If you lived closer Mord I could run you thru some nice little spots like that or even better. I think that day my mileage was down to around 71 IIRC, but then I was riding like that all day and playing in lots of thick soupy muck and swamp. Very happy Gets me all excited just thinkin' about it. droooool

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Mountain rides   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Hey Shewolf, I've got a place high up in the mountains of western Colorado, 8-9000 ft. Adjoins the forest and then the Flat tops Wilderness Area. Nearest neighbor is 7 miles away by bad dirt road. We ride as quiet as possible so we can see the black bear, mountain lions, elk, deer, beavers, etc.....I"d love to share it with you. It would probably remind of of home I bet.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Yeah, definitely would. thumb We have bears, cougars, coyotes, moose and deer go thru the yard, and further up in the hills, wolves. That's what I love about living where I do. It's not as breathtaking as Jager's little hovel, but not far off. Our mountains are smaller, and not always covered in snow year around.

DougZ

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:29 am

OK, good info. I'll start looking for the light to come between 60 and 75 miles. thumb
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:40 am

Can't wait for my IMS tank so this isn't an issue. thumb
Back to top Go down
skierd

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:31 am

eeek The only time my fuel light came on at 65-70 miles was when I held the throttle to the stop in 6th gear until it ran out of gas. woohoo get the f out Dunno how y'all are doing that on trails lol, guess I'm slower than I thought. Suspect
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:08 pm

That's what you get for gawking at those naked girls as you ride by. poser2

GusinCA

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:46 pm

SheWolf, that was hot. Now I know why you like my slow motion mud videos so much... How I would love to ride BC, and anytime you want to ride SoCal, let me know...

I found the stock tank to be too restricting. In my opinion, that was a mistake in the design. Even though I rarely outride what the stock tank would offer, having range anxiety does not make for a relaxing day.

I purchased the IMS 3.1 gallon tank and that seems more than adequate for my needs now, and looks great as well...

fuel tank range?? 0470copy-1
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Damn Gus, we SO have to ride! thumb

fuel tank range?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel tank range??   fuel tank range?? Empty

Back to top Go down

fuel tank range??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next