Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from the DC area

Go down 
+3
jason meacham
inspector
Dark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark

Dark

New member from the DC area Empty
PostSubject: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:11 pm

My name is Ryan and I just picked up an 08 WR250X.

It's been quite a challenge the last few days riding the WRX simply because I'm 5'2" with a 28" inseam, perched on a bike with only one foot down is nothing new for me but this is certainly a bit more challenging. I've ordered the Yamalink and I will soon order a lower/stepped seat, those two items combined should make it a bit less of a headache.

I'm coming from an R1 (PIC) with the expectation of less power but more fun. Very happy

So far I've ordered:

Yamalink
Edge fender eliminator
Cycra Pro-bends with low profile shields
OEM oil filter, magnetic drain plug, Repsol 10w-30 Syn.
14T front sprocket
MPFab turbo kit

I did a lot of custom parts with my R1 so now I'm trying to find a good looking muffler that I can have fabricated to the bike, the larger mufflers aren't doing it for me.

I look forward reading, posting, and possibly meeting a few fellow wrx owners. thumb
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Welcome, hI!
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:37 pm

New member from the DC area 945348 Hello,,that's a sic looking R1....I've seen a video of an wrx with a turbo on it ,, the guy was doing wheelies pretty easy..looks like fun..you will probably have the fastest bike on this forum..
Back to top Go down
Dark

Dark

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:48 pm

jason meacham wrote:
New member from the DC area 945348 Hello,,that's a sic looking R1....I've seen a video of an wrx with a turbo on it ,, the guy was doing wheelies pretty easy..looks like fun..you will probably have the fastest bike on this forum..

Yea that's Walkers (MPFab owner) old clip of his 250 with the turbo kit installed, stock gearing + the turbo kit makes for a handful of wheelies.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Hey Ryan, welcome to the pack! New member from the DC area 61865

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Ohhh!, you lost me at the 14 tooth sprocket but got me back with MPFab
I have a lot of time on turbo sleds but never rode a turbo bike, pretty sure it's just as addicting

Welcome, Post vids when you git er done
Back to top Go down
Dark

Dark

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:08 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Hey Ryan, welcome to the pack! New member from the DC area 61865
Thanks thumb
0007onWR wrote:
Ohhh!, you lost me at the 14 tooth sprocket but got me back with MPFab
I have a lot of time on turbo sleds but never rode a turbo bike, pretty sure it's just as addicting

Welcome, Post vids when you git er done
I also have never ridden a turbo bike before but I will certainly post my observations and some videos once it's done. There is certainly a lack of turbo wr250 videos on the internet scratch
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Something tells me that's about to change... New member from the DC area 810411

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Selling the R1 makes me sad. I better g out in the garage and pet mine now ! New member from the DC area 810411

Then again, a 54HP WR sounds like a blast.
Back to top Go down
viroid

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Welcome!

I'm also in the Wash DC area, we should catch up sometime for a ride. Are you from the area or are you a transplant?

...v
Back to top Go down
Dark

Dark

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:29 am

SheWolf wrote:
Something tells me that's about to change... New member from the DC area 810411
deal thumb
X-Racer wrote:
Selling the R1 makes me sad. I better g out in the garage and pet mine now ! New member from the DC area 810411

Then again, a 54HP WR sounds like a blast.
lol, it's going to hurt to see it go but a new project is always fun.
viroid wrote:
Welcome!

I'm also in the Wash DC area, we should catch up sometime for a ride. Are you from the area or are you a transplant?

...v

I'm in Sterling, VA, been here since '97. I'm a member of www.dcsportbikes.net, you should join up if you're in the area!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from the DC area   New member from the DC area Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from the DC area
Page 1 of 1