Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Racing my Wr250r

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinfull

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:52 am

Thought I might share a few pics of my race last sunday. I look almost to big for my bike in the start photos. ah well it was a good day. 3hr enduro doing 44km approx loops. 1 river crossing & a couple of small muddy spots nothing major. Photos are all taken from the start of the race and after I have finished a couple of laps.
I came 2nd in the novice class.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

i have more of a few of my mates but who wants to see KTM's and Honda's :)
Back to top Go down
47une

47une

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:57 am

hmmmmm, I think I spot another Aussie!! I can see someone there wearing "Speed Freak" gear which is made just around the corner from where I live (Sunshine Coast, Queensland).

I can't wait to do some racing like this on my bike!! Also, where did you get your pipe from?? I have been looking and my local stores are still so damn expensive compared to the US even though our dollar is better!!
Back to top Go down
Sinfull

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:29 am

47une wrote:
hmmmmm, I think I spot another Aussie!! I can see someone there wearing "Speed Freak" gear which is made just around the corner from where I live (Sunshine Coast, Queensland).

I can't wait to do some racing like this on my bike!! Also, where did you get your pipe from?? I have been looking and my local stores are still so damn expensive compared to the US even though our dollar is better!!

yup Western Australia is where I am. I brought the bike with the pipe on it so dont actually know where to get it from specifically. Have you tried to buy from the states rather than Aus? also Ebay is another good place to shop sometimes.
Back to top Go down
goroka

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:57 am

47une wrote:

G,day 47une

Finding 250r,s on the Sunshine Coast is like looking for a needle in a paddock. I think I may have seen your bike a couple of weeks back. Through this forum have touched base with a couple of blokes at Gympie. There is another bike on another forum who is also local. Just fitted a GTYR exhaust - checked the price out of the US and by the time I paid freight there wasnt too much in it. Bike is still under warranty so wanted to stick with Yamaha after market stuff. If you want to go that way and order on Oz its cheaper to order over the net through Y - Shop - odd system because you pick it up from the local dealer who has probably quoted a much higher price. Has totally transformed the bike - also fitted Pivot pegs.

Port Headland looks like fun - well done.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sinfull

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:05 am

Its my birthday this weekend and the misses said go on ebay and buy what you want, so i did, Got myself a Gopro HD helmet cam so next race i'll post some riding movies up if i can.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:26 am

Congrats. Looks like an awesome place to run enduros. thumb Very happy
Back to top Go down
Slrsedan

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:11 am

Good pics man!....from the southern hemisphere as well, over in unzud!

Just got my WRR, thought it might be a bit more cruisey than my normal ride. Still got the Trailwings on it but have already had a dabble off road, seems pretty decent, nice power, bit tame off the bottom, ok midrange and plenty of topend. Suspension seemed ok, hard to tell without decent rubber, set of S12's and we'll see how it goes!

Back to top Go down
Sinfull

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Slrsedan wrote:
Good pics man!....from the southern hemisphere as well, over in unzud!

Just got my WRR, thought it might be a bit more cruisey than my normal ride. Still got the Trailwings on it but have already had a dabble off road, seems pretty decent, nice power, bit tame off the bottom, ok midrange and plenty of topend. Suspension seemed ok, hard to tell without decent rubber, set of S12's and we'll see how it goes!

great to here mate, what part of NZ are you from. I'm moving back home start of next year so if your in the Auckland area we should catch up and go for a ride.
Back to top Go down
Slrsedan

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 am

Hey, so a kiwi aye! yep up here in Whangarei just north of Aucks. Raced in Woodhill a couple of times other than that havent ridden dirt down there at all. Pretty keen to get into some of those bigger trail/adventure rides in the central north island. Interested to hear how you found your bike in the conditions and what you've done with the suspension, if anything. Ive just come off a KTM 200exc so its different and not up to speed with that....but still feels pretty good to me so far. Wont be able to tell until some decent rubber goes on and sorted the gearing. Spoilt for choice for trail rides round here at the mo, bit wet for these dual sport bikes unless you have real good tires etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racing my Wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing my Wr250r   Racing my Wr250r Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing my Wr250r
Page 1 of 1