Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Racing a WRR

Go down 
+2
eastcoastzigzag
Reschly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Reschly

Reschly

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 9:07 am

Just wondering if anyone has enduro raced or hare scrambled with theirs. I plan on a couple, but am curious if anyone else has and also how you did. I wanted to be able to utilize the atv trails in Wisconsin so I need to be street legal to use them, this is why I chose this bike (well one of the reasons there were many)
Back to top Go down
eastcoastzigzag

eastcoastzigzag

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 9:24 am

i will be running in an enduro in march. i bought my wrr to have a duel sport bike and a full on enduro bike. i will be changing to yz 80 bars, bark busters, and tires. i also am modding the fun stuff. i am coming off a 03 kawi kdx 200 2 smoker. i will def report back after.
Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:40 pm

I am also interested to hear feedback from others competing enduro/hare scramble/dual-sport events with a R2
Back to top Go down
Louisbiker

Louisbiker

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:59 am

Article from Australia regarding the WR250R in the 2008 Condo 750 rally.
http://www.condo750.com.au/

---------------
From: http://racedeadline.com.au/?page=ViewRelease&c=wr250r&m=&id=ARD2008040405887
---------------

Quote :
Fresh from the dealer floor, a new Yamaha WR250R with little more than 200km on its odometer has won the 250cc class of the Condo 750 at the hands of Newcastle (NSW, Australia) Yamaha Detour Off Road Tours' John Liddell.

Liddell took delivery of Yamaha's new fuel-injected on/off-road weapon on the Friday before the event, with the only changes made to the bike being side race number plates, a route map-holder, a pair of off-road tyres, heavy-duty tubes and a rim lock on both wheels.

The airbox, exhaust pipe and gearing ratios all remained as stock spec from the showroom, a sign of the new model's versatility.

The Condo 750, a two-day cross-country navigational event, attracted 74 two-wheel entries across 3 classes.

No stranger to the rough and tumble of off-road riding, the Detour instructor was on the pace and finished first on both days in the H1 class to take the win.

The bike required minimal maintenance during the race. At the Saturday afternoon service John adjusted the chain, change the air filter and topped the fuel up.

“I used 35 litres of fuel for the weekend which returned figures of about 23klm/litre which in the old terms is about 66mpg," he explained.

“I believe Yamaha has got a great little bike on its hands and I am looking at riding the WR250R in the Australian Safari.”

“In the tighter terrain on the Saturday I had no problems keeping up with the bigger bikes and on Sunday 130kph was more than fast enough running down the side of the fences during the faster sections.”

“I was amazed how good the bike was in the rocks and it handling was simply amazing. The change I made to the suspension before the race was winding the rear rebound in a couple of clicks!”

Last edited by Louisbiker on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:19 am

more news like this and the R&#178's are going to become hard to find...
Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:22 am

crap, what happened to the '2'?

testing:

Ok, it's working. That was weird.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:37 am

Time for that bike methinks, Rod. thumb

Reschly

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:50 pm

The changes they made are basically the same ones I plan on making. Sounds like it should be just fine
Back to top Go down
scottmac

scottmac

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 am

Hollister Hills Offroad Association Annual HareBall Hare Scramble the weekend
before Thanksgiving this past year.

Both myself and my friend Joel nutted up and raced our WRR's

Racing a WRR Joels

Racing a WRR Assured_photo_cart_2_594217

Racing a WRR Assured_photo_cart_2_594215

Racing a WRR Assured_photo_cart_2_594219

Racing a WRR Assured_photo_cart_2_594216

Racing a WRR PB220019

Racing a WRR PB220017

17th out of 24 in my class - not bad for my first race since '93 and on a plated dual sport!
Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:35 am

Congrats....sounds like you had a blast...

lurk

keep 'em coming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racing a WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing a WRR   Racing a WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing a WRR
Page 1 of 1