Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Modded whale tail

Go down 
+11
motokid
Jomamaha
malibu_dan
sswrx
wilburj
clapped_r6
aaronhall555
Buzzbomber
fasteer
SheWolf
0007onWR
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
0007onWR

0007onWR

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Did some chopping and hackin on the tail
[img]Modded whale tail Img_1611[/img]

[img]Modded whale tail Img_1613[/img]

[img]Modded whale tail Img_1615[/img]
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:55 pm

thumb Nice job Red! Boy that turned out incredibly clean! Nice signals, BTW. Very happy

0007onWR

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks Wolfie
The hardest thing is to make it look like you didn't touch it
I even modified the reflector's for light weight LOL
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:32 pm

It looks like it was never even touched. You know it's a good job when it comes out looking like that. Awesome job. thumb

fasteer

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:41 pm

Looks good.
I've been wondering what could be done with the stock horror.
I have the Edge on my DRZ, but not really impressed with it.
007, do have pics of the work in progress? (how-to)
I'm trying not to mention yr avatar Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:42 pm

That was my fault. wink

0007onWR

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:09 am

Ya Wuffie made that horrible avatar and forced me to use it, if you think that's bad you should see the red Honda guy that was edited out Yeeeeeshhh!!

As for how to, sorry, there's cutting and measuring and swearing and stuff involved
If you have a good long stare at your's you will note that the license plate light bolt pattern is identical to the mounting point directly above it
Just cut stuff off til you can move the license plate light up there and make a licence plate bracket and bob's yer uncle
Back to top Go down
Buzzbomber

Buzzbomber

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm

What did you make the license plate bracket from? I'm getting tired of looking at the ugly lump on the back of the bike(as a whole), but I like the actual tail light and turn signal combo and would rather retain that as opposed to bolting the DRC light setup on.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:29 pm

I took a piece of aluminum plate and bent to to the right angle, painted it satin black
Then it is pinched in between the license plate light and the bracket
Back to top Go down
Buzzbomber

Buzzbomber

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:37 pm

thumb Thanks for the reply. Pretty much what I suspected. I'll have to see what I can get my hands on around here...
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:48 am

I took the whale tail off and disassembled all of the components and reattached all the components without the black plastic housing. Looks much better now and it survived a few spills(off-road) already.

Modded whale tail Sv

Modded whale tail Rv
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:16 pm

i did a similar thing, except using a Clear Alternatives taillight from an 02/03 R1 that has the turn signals built in:

Modded whale tail 786247175_U4Raw-M

when i took the taillight apart, i noticed two bolts on the top part of the plastic "just about" lined up with where the stock housing mounts.
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:07 pm

clapped_r6 wrote:
i did a similar thing, except using a Clear Alternatives taillight from an 02/03 R1 that has the turn signals built in:

when i took the taillight apart, i noticed two bolts on the top part of the plastic "just about" lined up with where the stock housing mounts.

Nice!!! I'll probably order one of those once I completely destroy a turn signal, it's eventually going to happen...

And the little metal bracket that mounts the tail light to the stock black plastic housing "just about" lined up to the bolt holes on the seat frame. I had to slightly file the holes to put the bolts in.
Back to top Go down
wilburj

wilburj

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:02 pm

007onWR----I am quite disturbed by the avatar photo you use. I just can not explain it. Has anyone offered you money to change it??? Well, if you are not interested in changing it please don't turn the photo around-----please...lol wilburj
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Well it could be this Modded whale tail Borat_b__87874anal floss, anyone? Modded whale tail 93746

wilburj

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:34 pm

I can not even respond to that, I guess my life is complete????? I am going to go lie down now and try to forget that image. wilburj
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Well...isn't he...cute...Modded whale tail Careys_mankini

0007onWR

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Shewolf you are the queen of the disgusting photo
What makes you save stuff like that?
A couple of guys have complained about my avatar perhaps i should change it to that Borat pic to keep people happy
Back to top Go down
wilburj

wilburj

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:40 pm

This is SICK, oh by the way what was this thread about anyway and who hi-jacked it anyway. lol wilburj ps I love the red line under the big guys belly, must wear his tighty whities a little snug
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Modded whale tail 851577 I don't save them Red, I just c&p the addy and them enter it in as an img. Modded whale tail 61865 Will, it's not a hi-jack...I saved the last one, considering the last one is more or less covering the 'whale' portion of it. Beached whale, I might add. Modded whale tail 93746

sswrx

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Great looking taillight mod! Looks factory! Are those LED signals?

[quote="0007onWR"]Did some chopping and hackin on the tail
[img]Modded whale tail Img_1615
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:24 am

Yes I think they are DRC? cant remember now LOL
I put in the resistors and they still flash too fast but it's reasonable

The front ones mount to the top plastic headlight bracket and tuck in real nice
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:42 pm

0007 change his avatar? I have to admit, I am forced to try and avoid your posts when at home so my baby-girl doesn't get freaked out.
Modded whale tail 527254

But, alas, I need to post in here to ask for more photos of the back, under, and around for your tail mod. Puhlease...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Hey, it could be Borat. Modded whale tail 810411

0007onWR

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Wow, lotta pressure about my avatar
That's what I wear to work and no one complains there!!!
You need a couple of spacers about an inch or so long to space the license plate light out
Im pretty happy with how this worked out, it looks like it came from the factory like this
Modded whale tail Img_1911
[img]Modded whale tail Img_1912[/img]
[img]Modded whale tail Img_1913[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modded whale tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modded whale tail   Modded whale tail Empty

Back to top Go down

Modded whale tail
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next