Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

what is this part? and is there something wrong?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBIGD

TheBIGD

what is this part? and is there something wrong? Empty
PostSubject: what is this part? and is there something wrong?   what is this part? and is there something wrong? EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:35 pm

hey there,

well I was over to my buddies place today (he bought my bike and is having trougle starting it all of a sudden).

the bike seems like maybe the battery is dead to me but i'm not sure. when you turn the key, the dash comes on and the fuel pump primes but doesn't turn over and the headlight doesn't come on (i can't remember if it did before or not). and when you hit the starter it goes "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" like a really loud click and the click sound is coming from this part here under the left side panel.

i'm going to put it on the trickle charger anyway now in a couple hours but just checking to see if this is normal when battery is dead or if this relay thing is toast

im interested to see if this part needs to be replaced or if it's just a dead battery and the clicking is because of that. thanks a lot

what is this part? and is there something wrong? IMG-20110515-00074

what is this part? and is there something wrong? IMG-20110515-00075
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: what is this part? and is there something wrong?   what is this part? and is there something wrong? EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Jump start it and let it charge, you should be alright.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: what is this part? and is there something wrong?   what is this part? and is there something wrong? EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Your battery is dead...or close to it. Charge it up. Invest in a battery tender, it'll save you a lot of headaches. thumb

PostSubject: Re: what is this part? and is there something wrong?   what is this part? and is there something wrong? EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:59 pm

Invest in a Voltmeter !!!
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: what is this part? and is there something wrong?   what is this part? and is there something wrong? EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:12 pm

And yes, light will not come on until it starts. After that, if you turn the engine off, it will stay on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is this part? and is there something wrong?   what is this part? and is there something wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is this part? and is there something wrong?
Page 1 of 1