Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?

Go down 
+8
rc23
macfast
MotoKirby
trav72
DougZ
motokid
47une
wingnut
12 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnut

wingnut

Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Which websits have the cheapest OEM Yamaha parts?
I've been looking on a few websites that sell OEM Yamaha parts.Some of them have good prices untill you go to check out,and they want to charge you $15 to $20 shipping to ship a couple crush washers for an oil drain plug. baldy
Which site do you get your OEM parts from?
Back to top Go down
47une

47une

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:44 am

I go to my local dealer. They look after me price wise and you build a good relationship with them.

I have heard a lot of people saying that something Honda or the likes is good???
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:08 am

Hey Wingnut - you have a cbr100rr and a wr250x? Which one get's more seat time?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
wingnut

wingnut

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:39 am

motokid wrote:
Hey Wingnut - you have a cbr100rr and a wr250x? Which one get's more seat time?

Yes,I have both...
I just got the WR250x a week ago,so its definitely getting all the seat time right now.
This is the first duel sport bike Ive ever owned,I love it.

Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:22 pm

47une wrote:
I go to my local dealer. They look after me price wise and you build a good relationship with them.

I have heard a lot of people saying that something Honda or the likes is good???

I think you mean Service Honda..I have heard people rave about them too.

http://www.servicehonda.com/

I was using my new( to me) local Yamaha dealer too. Then I realized he charged me $10 for a blinker bulb that has a retail of $7.26. Now I am just gonna order everything online...feck 'em.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:42 pm

DougZ wrote:
Now I am just gonna order everything online...feck 'em.

Seriously. They don't call them stealerships for nothin'.

Edit: I've ordered lots of stuff from servicehonda.com in the past and have had nothing but great service. But last week I was going to order some new plastics for my R from them. They wanted an extra $30 just to ship a front fender. Needless to say I ordered from somewhere else that had just as good pricing and charged much less for shipping. So I guess my point is, you should always shop around whether it's online or locally.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:47 pm

trav72 wrote:
DougZ wrote:
Now I am just gonna order everything online...feck 'em.

Seriously. They don't call them stealerships for nothin'.

Edit: I've ordered lots of stuff from servicehonda.com in the past and have had nothing but great service. But last week I was going to order some new plastics for my R from them. They wanted an extra $30 just to ship a front fender. Needless to say I ordered from somewhere else that had just as good pricing and charged much less for shipping. So I guess my point is, you should always shop around whether it's online or locally.

yeah, this douche parts guy at the dealer had an issue when I asked them to give me the same percent off that my Suzuki dealer always gave me. I said look, " I can order my parts online and have to pay shipping, or, I can get them here, and support my local business. But to do that, I need this discount." This was while I was signing the papers buying the bike. The sales manager had no issue with it and was glad that I was going to buy parts form them instead of online. I could tell the parts guy wasn't happy about it. The sales guy even told me so when he was helping me load up the bike.

I had bought my oil change stuff there and had to ask the guy to make sure the discount was in place on my account, which it was. Ok, good enough.

I went back in to get a bulb...he knew who I was. I had never looked up the bulb or its price. It was an odd bulb, so when he told me $10 and change, did not phase me. That was until I checked what it was supposed to be:

SKU: 803879
Mfg. Part Number: 5GJ-83331-00-00

Your Price: $4.94
MSRP: $7.12
You Save: $2.18

Those are prices from ronayers.com, but MSRP will be the same for all dealers. Basterd charged me over MSRP.

This reminds me, I am gonna call dealer and let them know I am not ever buying any parts from them, or gear. Fockers.
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:37 pm

I have good luck with www.mrcycles.com

Generally the cheapest I can find on oem parts.
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:56 am

Chaparral 25%off list, $100 free shipping under $100 $7.99
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:58 pm

mrcycles - hands down.

Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:30 am

You might check oemcycle.com, they sell everything.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
wingnut

wingnut

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:37 pm

macfast wrote:
Chaparral 25%off list, $100 free shipping under $100 $7.99

Chaparral is one of the best sites I've found so far.
Thanks for all the suggestions
Back to top Go down
24SCVI

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:25 am

If you're in S.C. dont use Velocity Powersports. I ordered a Pirelli 90/90-21 through them. Dropped bike off, came back, and they had a Shenko on there. They took the bike back, came back, they had a Pirelli on there, but an 80/90-21. Told them they ordered wrong tire. They werent too concerned about it. They did manage to charge me for the more expensive 90/90-21 though. Funny how that works out. The guy who test rode it left grease on my seat and must have taken the bike off road..... mud under the rear fender. I'll be ordering parts myself now and looking for another shop to do the work on my bike.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:41 am

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/

cheepest i can find
Back to top Go down
dr67ply

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Surdykeyamaha.com. Free shipping over $25, and 20-50% off list. I used to use Yamaha Sports Plaza, but the S&H was insane. I buy my Viper, Waverunner, and WRR parts there. Haven't had a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?   Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the best website to buy OEM Yamaha parts?
Page 1 of 1