Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YZEtc

YZEtc

Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts Empty
PostSubject: Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts   Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:37 pm

These are great for blocking wind, brush, branches, roost, and other flying debris.
They come from another Yamaha model called the TT-R250, which was sold in the USA from 1999-2006.
I've owned a lot of Yamahas that came with brush guards, and have installed them on ones that did not.
They fit perfectly with no modifications needed and look like they came on the bike from the factory.
In fact, if Yamaha decided to equip the WR-250R and X with brush guards, these are probably the parts they'd a' used.

Here's the part numbers you need to install:

1LN-82911-00-00 HOLDER, LEVER 1, QTY. 1
3BN-26141-20-00 GUARD, BRUSH 1, QTY. 1
3BN-26142-20-00 GUARD, BRUSH 2, QTY. 1
90109-062A8-00 BOLT, QTY. 1
90387-06500-00 COLLAR, QTY. 1
98507-06035-00 SCREW, PAN HEAD, QTY. 1
92907-06600-00 WASHER, PLATE, QTY. 2
95607-06100-00 NUT, U, QTY. 1

The parts list for about $50 total going by MSRP prices.

Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts Wr-250rxbrushguards001

Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts Wr-250rxbrushguards002

Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts Wr-250rxbrushguards003

Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts Wr-250rxbrushguards004
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts   Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Good for brush, not good for trees, rocks and crashes... Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts 619190
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts   Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Yes, that is a known quantity. :)

Since we're on the subject, my WR came with the metal Barkbuster-type handguards on it from the original owner (I bought the bike with 118 miles on it).
I removed them before I rode the bike and sold them to another rider.
I don't like them getting in my way at the ends of the grips more than anything.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts   Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Do you ride woods trails much? As many times as "barkbusters" have saved my hands from getting crushed, I couldn't imagine not having them. In fact, I probably wouldn't even consider riding a trail without them. I guess it depends on the area you ride. Around here, they really aren't optional.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts   Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Yes, wooded trails all the time.
Wall-to-wall trees and rocks.
Typical New England. :)
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts   Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:45 pm

john92 wrote:
Do you ride woods trails much? As many times as "barkbusters" have saved my hands from getting crushed, I couldn't imagine not having them. In fact, I probably wouldn't even consider riding a trail without them. I guess it depends on the area you ride. Around here, they really aren't optional.

Word - as much as I dislike my Acerbis Rally Pros (kinda soft/flexible IMHO), they have saved the levers and my hands in plenty of higher speed taps and whacks against trees, some pretty nice-sized rocks, and the Good Earth on more than one occasion... Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts 93746

The metal guard wrapping from the bar end all around the grip area back to the bar is key - a piece of plastic attached at the controls wouldn't cut it (for me at least - everyone has their own personal preferences! Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts 61865 ).
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts   Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 6:16 am

From a purely aesthetic viewpoint.... Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts 527254

Just my opinion, so .... Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts 613970

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts   Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:25 am

motokid wrote:
From a purely aesthetic viewpoint.... Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts 527254

Just my opinion, so .... Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts 613970

Yea it kinda reminds me of the floppy hanguards that they put on a stock KLR-650. They seem to droop down on the ends in the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts   Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts Empty

Back to top Go down

Handlebar Brush Guards Using Yamaha OEM Parts
Page 1 of 1