Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Went down hard today.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
glock19

Went down hard today.  Empty
PostSubject: Went down hard today.    Went down hard today.  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 1:51 am

Poured with rain here today, so when it stopped me and my buddy decided to go for a ride. We have a track that we do then head up the power lines when off to the right I noticed a long grassy straightaway that I didn't remember last time. Took the right hammered on it in 2nd was going to shift to 3rd when I saw a long about 2 inch diameter stick- too late.

Front tire hit the wet stick causing me to loose control and veer off to the side of trail just barely clipping a log and sending me straight into ground (elbow first) with me still pretty much on the bike. Instantly I thought I severely broke my thumb but hopefully it is just really sprained. Took my glove of and moved and tug on it before it got swollen and sore. I was wearing a Alpinestar bionic 2 body armor and put a small crack in the plastic elbow guard and still bruised my elbow. So I was lucky today!
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: Went down hard today.    Went down hard today.  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:23 am

Good thing you had your gear on, just remember everyone has off on bikes, especialy on trails

Bike ok?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Went down hard today.    Went down hard today.  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:28 am

How's the trooper today? Any more stuff show up after your night? Glad you didn't do anything terribly major; that could have been a real ugly adventure. eeek

PostSubject: Re: Went down hard today.    Went down hard today.  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:53 am

Defiantly was a wake up call, should of been more cautions how wet everything was. I think I tweaked my bars or something. The wheel is straight but the handle bars are a little crooked. My thumb is just sore/swollen hopefully I can work or im in trouble.
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: Went down hard today.    Went down hard today.  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:10 pm

your bars probably got tweaked in your triples.

you can just ride up to a tree and push the bars in the opposite direction and get them back in line or loosen the tripples and adjust them back to center.

glad to hear your ok though, i think you just sold me on a bionic 2 upper.
Back to top Go down
glock19

PostSubject: Re: Went down hard today.    Went down hard today.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:45 am

Alpinestars bionic 2 is defiantly a nice thing to have! I also noticed the the muscles on and around my shoulder and neck were sore today. Exactly where my omega brace sits! Glad I didn't buy the leatt probably would of broke collar bone and may have broken form helmet impact without either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went down hard today.    Went down hard today.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Went down hard today.
Page 1 of 1