Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nu_b

nu_b

New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge Empty
PostSubject: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Hello all! I just picked up an '08 WRx a week or so ago.

Unfortunately, on my test ride, some idiot on a bicycle ran a stop sign, and in trying to avoid hitting him, I popped the front end up and came down hard at a weird angle. My right foot came off the peg and, with my knee completely locked, slammed into the ground. baldy

Long story short, I ended up walking limping out of the stealership with the WRx along with a torn ACL and meniscus.

People have asked me why on Earth I would buy the bike after that (one even said it was "cursed") ... I can't let a bike do me like that, so I'm bound and determined to put that bike in its place ... just as soon as I get my knee healed up.

Anyway, looking forward to learning about these awesome machines and talking with you all.

-Greg T
SSgt/USMC
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Well that's a helluva test ride! You still bought it and have to stare at it until you're all healed up? Now's the time to go shopping for accessories! thumb
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Bet the douche bag never even looked back, did he.

Regardless, sorry about your less-than-stellar first ride on the X. Hope it treats you better in the future. Welcome! thumb
Back to top Go down
nu_b

nu_b

PostSubject: Re: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:28 pm

trav72 wrote:
Well that's a helluva test ride! You still bought it and have to stare at it until you're all healed up? Now's the time to go shopping for accessories! thumb
Exactly what I was thinking Very happy

kjharn wrote:
Bet the douche bag never even looked back, did he.

Regardless, sorry about your less-than-stellar first ride on the X. Hope it treats you better in the future. Welcome! thumb
You're 100% right! I stopped right after I heard and felt the pop in my knee, and when I looked back, he was gone. F'ing cyclists around this state bitch non-stop about how they should be treated like every other vehicle on the road EXCEPT when it comes to obeying traffic signs and laws.

Thank you both for the warm welcome! I know the X will do me well as soon as I can get on her. I'm actually trying to convince the wife I need to sell the '11 Ninja 250r and buy an R to keep the X company in the garage ... we'll see how that goes. lurk
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:52 pm

bike is not cursed, you were just getting the first one out of the way as early as possible!

Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:57 pm

nu_b wrote:
I'm actually trying to convince the wife I need to sell the '11 Ninja 250r and buy an R to keep the X company in the garage ... we'll see how that goes. lurk

Just get another set of wheels. (don't mind the pic whoring)

New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge Westto10

New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge Logan-11
Back to top Go down
nu_b

nu_b

PostSubject: Re: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:04 pm

spacecadet wrote:
bike is not cursed, you were just getting the first one out of the way as early as possible!

Thank you for the words of optimism! Sadly, it's a quality I often lack.

trav72 wrote:
nu_b wrote:
I'm actually trying to convince the wife I need to sell the '11 Ninja 250r and buy an R to keep the X company in the garage ... we'll see how that goes. lurk

Just get another set of wheels. (don't mind the pic whoring)
That would so much cheaper in the long run ... I'm keeping my eyes open for a used set and will pick them up if I can. I just don't know if I can justify dropping a grand on a new set with brake parts from WCS.

In the meantime, I hope you don't mind, but I grabbed one of your pics as "inspiration" ... I want to turn this X into an X/R as soon as possible so I can play in the dirt.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Welcome to the pack! thumb cheers

nu_b

PostSubject: Re: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:55 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Welcome to the pack! thumb cheers
Thank you ma'am! bannana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge   New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge Empty

Back to top Go down

New member in Milwaukee ... with a grudge
Page 1 of 1