Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Greetings and salivations... Ohio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MeefZah

MeefZah

Greetings and salivations... Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Greetings and salivations... Ohio   Greetings and salivations... Ohio EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:30 am

Mark from Central Ohio here, bought a 2008 WR250R earlier this week and gave my spouse my 2009 KLX250S (to replace her 2001 KLR250). I do a fair amount of dirt, she is more a gravel road / light off road rider. We enjoy riding together.

Mods are all complete already... I bought the bike on a Monday and then spent an hour online ordering everything I wanted that night. It all has trickled in already, gotta love how fast USPS delivers.

Lets see... skidplate, barkbusters, radiator guard, destickered the whole bike, Kenda 760 tires, removal of chain and sprocket covers, removal of all safety switches, new tail section, Dirt Bike Bags rear bag, E bay rack, GPS mount, cig lighter, Cateye Enduro bicycle speedo... I think that's it. Very happy

I like it so far, more grunt than the KLX250 and it seems to run more consistently. The KLX liked to stall on long downhills, a trait I found highly annoying when trying to pick my way down steep, gnarly tracks.

I do think I'm going to source the OEM shroud graphics and reapply them, because I thought the bike would look pretty boss without them but it seems to be missing something.

I plan on doing as many organized dual sports as possible this summer, including Cannontrek 5, a 4 day, 1100 mile dual sport in the UP. Maybe I'll see some of you guys (gals?) on the trail!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salivations... Ohio   Greetings and salivations... Ohio EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:44 am

*hands you a towel* You're drooling. Very happy Welcome to the pack! I'm sure you'll find this place informative, and make some new friends and possibly even ride buddies too. thumb You removed all the kill switches? What made you decide to do that, and which ones did you actually remove?

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salivations... Ohio   Greetings and salivations... Ohio EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Welcome, HI!

*sounds like you have been busy
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salivations... Ohio   Greetings and salivations... Ohio EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:25 pm

SheWolf wrote:
*hands you a towel* You're drooling. Very happy Welcome to the pack! I'm sure you'll find this place informative, and make some new friends and possibly even ride buddies too. thumb You removed all the kill switches? What made you decide to do that, and which ones did you actually remove?

Less to break on the trail.

I removed the clutch interlock switch and the sidestand safety switch.

The "kill" switch is still there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salivations... Ohio   Greetings and salivations... Ohio Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings and salivations... Ohio
Page 1 of 1