Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
M1A Rifleman

Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots  Empty
PostSubject: Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots    Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:42 am

Iv'e been busy trying boots this month wink

Iv'e tried the Sidi Sport Rains. These are nice for the street, better for a street bike as they are a bit low for me, and my jean ride up above the boot making for a cold leg in the morning. They are flexible and allow you to feel the brake and shifter, and do not require moving the shift lever up a cog.

I tried the Fly's Racing ATV short boots. These have a nice less that $100 pricet tag. They have a nice Vibram boot tread, and seem made OK. They are stiff, heavy, and have lots of plastic. These "Herman Munsters" will require that the shift lever move a cog for perfect shifting, but I could get by without doing this. The plastic in the boots will not allow for shifter or brake lever feel, so you tend to stomp the levers. The plastic buckles are suspect, so you will need to be cautious so as not to break.

I tried and walked in the Alpinestar Scouts. These were ok, but did realy do it for me. The buckles tended to pop-open, and I've read this has been a problem for those that purchased this boot.

The winner is the Gaerne Pro-tech Balance Boots thumb . Atomic Moto states these are the best DS/Adventure Boots. These seem to be keepers in that they are made well, and have what I was looking for - off road protection, but street softness. These boots are high like MXer's, have a shin plate, good buckles, good sole, but they flex and are soft like a good sturdy work boot. Moving the shift lever is not required at all. These boost give great feel for the shifter and brake. tall One of the best parts is your pants - like Khaki pants will fit over the top, so the Brown boots look like work shoes. However, raise the pant leg a bit, reveals the Road Warrior/Mad Max side of the boots. wink
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots    Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:25 pm

M1A Rifleman wrote:
Iv'e been busy trying boots this month wink

Iv'e tried the Sidi Sport Rains. These are nice for the street, better for a street bike as they are a bit low for me, and my jean ride up above the boot making for a cold leg in the morning. They are flexible and allow you to feel the brake and shifter, and do not require moving the shift lever up a cog.

I tried the Fly's Racing ATV short boots. These have a nice less that $100 pricet tag. They have a nice Vibram boot tread, and seem made OK. They are stiff, heavy, and have lots of plastic. These "Herman Munsters" will require that the shift lever move a cog for perfect shifting, but I could get by without doing this. The plastic in the boots will not allow for shifter or brake lever feel, so you tend to stomp the levers. The plastic buckles are suspect, so you will need to be cautious so as not to break.

I tried and walked in the Alpinestar Scouts. These were ok, but did realy do it for me. The buckles tended to pop-open, and I've read this has been a problem for those that purchased this boot.

The winner is the Gaerne Pro-tech Balance Boots thumb . Atomic Moto states these are the best DS/Adventure Boots. These seem to be keepers in that they are made well, and have what I was looking for - off road protection, but street softness. These boots are high like MXer's, have a shin plate, good buckles, good sole, but they flex and are soft like a good sturdy work boot. Moving the shift lever is not required at all. These boost give great feel for the shifter and brake. tall One of the best parts is your pants - like Khaki pants will fit over the top, so the Brown boots look like work shoes. However, raise the pant leg a bit, reveals the Road Warrior/Mad Max side of the boots. wink

How is the armor in these and what are you comparing it to?
ie, do you ride in street bike boots now or a* tech 8's or...

i was interested in these as well, just curious on the armor/protection and the ankle support.

Ty for the info so far though!
Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots    Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:31 pm

My comparision is to the Fly's ATV boot, which are more of an MX type. The Pro-techs are not the same as an MX boot. They have the hard plastic shin cover and they are as high as an MX boot. They also have a hard shank in the foot-bed, but that is it for the MX side. The leather is stiffer than the Sidi street boots I tried, so my best description is these are a real in between dirt and street.
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots    Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:39 pm

ty for response.

they really look like great boots
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots    Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:48 pm

I looked at the Sidi's and the Gaerne's. Didn't like the lack of armor. I love my Fox Comps; they are flexible and comfy and I can walk around in them all day. Very happy

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots    Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 pm

I have and love The Gaerne Black G-Adventure boot...perfect DS/atv boot...IMHO. You can comfortably walk around it these with good traction on slippery slopes..no break-in either. One more thing, your foot will slide under the shifter without adjustment.

http://www.ktmtwins.com/review/product/list/id/2473/category/18/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots    Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaerne Pro-Tech Boots
Page 1 of 1