Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Taking advice from the interwebz.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DougZ

DougZ

Taking advice from the interwebz..... Empty
PostSubject: Taking advice from the interwebz.....   Taking advice from the interwebz..... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:19 pm

As they say, advice is only as good as what you paid for it. Very happy

Everyone has an opinion and advice, which of course is always helpful.

Sometimes, one person's advice may be more applicable to the type riding you may do. That advice should probably have a little more weight, versus someone elses.

For example, if looking for a good tire for on road and off road use that gets really good mileage, my advice, if I gave it, would be useless. I ride soft terrain, sand, mud, etc. I ride my WRR on as little pavement as possible. I also change my tires more often than most, sometimes under 1000 miles, if it has lost its "bite". If you ride that type stuff, than I would give my advice and it should hopefully be applicable.

Another example: On another board, street bike board, a guy was asking why his tire was spinning....on a not overly powerful bike. When asked his tire pressure, it was a max cold tires pressure... 45 PSI or something like that. Some, like myself, pointed out that his PSI's are great for getting good mileage out of a street tire, it is not necessarily great for traction and perforce of the tire. I suggested he talk to a guy who does track days with the same time tires..since track day guys usually ride the street as well, and do not have full blown race tires on..so their input for getting more traction from that particular street tire would be more applicable.

So, although all advice is valuable, its not necessarily applicable. ( probably includes that advice Very happy )
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Taking advice from the interwebz.....   Taking advice from the interwebz..... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:41 pm

The thing is you get a loaded gun when you ask questions. You're going to get varying answers, for sure. The trick is to pick out what works for you or close to it. Just remember tho that it is only an opinion, not gospel. Anyone who claims that it HAS to be a certain way is an asshole. Very happy

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Taking advice from the interwebz.....   Taking advice from the interwebz..... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:47 pm

That's why you should always get multiple opinions, and wait for some discussion to happen as well.

Don't just jump off a cliff and react to the very first response somebody posts.

Seems fairly common-sensicle to me.

Hey Shewolf - stop calling me names.....

beater

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Taking advice from the interwebz.....   Taking advice from the interwebz..... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:50 pm

This is why I try to figure it out myself. deal
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Taking advice from the interwebz.....   Taking advice from the interwebz..... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Oh Ed...never...NEVER would I call you an asshole. Unless you pissed in my drink. amazon Very happy

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Taking advice from the interwebz.....   Taking advice from the interwebz..... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:52 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Oh Ed...never...NEVER would I call you an asshole. Unless you pissed in my drink. amazon Very happy

Only if you're drinking something like Coors Light - but then I'd be doing you a favor.... wink

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Taking advice from the interwebz.....   Taking advice from the interwebz..... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:52 pm

yeah, absolutely. I usually try to go with consensus rule, but even that is not always work...sometimes many sheep follow one wrong person's advice. wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Taking advice from the interwebz.....   Taking advice from the interwebz..... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:54 pm

I prefer to consort with moose, tyvm. 50,000 wolves can't be wrong. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: Taking advice from the interwebz.....   Taking advice from the interwebz..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking advice from the interwebz.....
Page 1 of 1