Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Thanks to She Wolf from the members.

Go down 
+12
dc4stroke
rokka
YZEtc
mordicai
Merigold
motokid
speedfiend
trav72
SheWolf
bsheet2
jeickerman
Muddyrabbit
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Muddyrabbit

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Still sick eh? I bet that Scorpion box showing up will make you feel better, especially since there's an Arai box inside. Plus you have to get better for the sexy helmet modeling pics.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Very happy I'm still fighting, just not able to ride. D\'OH

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:50 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Very happy I'm still fighting, just not able to ride. D\'OH

Sorry to hear you are still feeling under the weather Lynn. no good. D\'OH

I wouldn't expect the box to be delivered tomorrow. The delivery guys are going to be drinking their sorrows away after the game tonight. BOOM

get better quick!

John
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Don't get me started on the game... budah That whole final series was a joke.

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Apparently shipping from Ohio to BC takes forever, but i was able to learn that the package has cleared customs and is on a truck for delivery today.

In theory.

Might be tomorrow.

Have i mentioned how much i LOVE UPS?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:42 pm

The good thing with UPS is that it's great for inter-country destinations....BUT...once you cross the border, they rape you something ridiculous. budah They are one, if not THE highest rates going to ship internationally. The lowest seems to be DHL with a flat rate of $7.00. Not sure what brokers UPS uses but holy shit talk about highway robbery! eeek

How did you finally find out where it had gone Matt? Did Mer find the packing slip? :hmmm:

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:20 pm

We found a reciept in the car.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Ok, I think we all need to go for a biking trip into the bush after all of this. LONG OVERDUE!! freaky

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Ok, I think we all need to go for a biking trip into the bush after all of this. LONG OVERDUE!! freaky

Wait 1, I am calculating how many dirt jokes and double entendres I can make out of that.
Back to top Go down
jeickerman

PostSubject: Thought the same thing...   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Muddyrabbit wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

Wait 1, I am calculating how many dirt jokes and double entendres I can make out of that.

I thought the same thing....and keeping my mouth shut and not typing them in. :nono: I will really try to be a good boy. baldy

John
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Oh come on....I need a good laugh. Everyone is too damned far a way to clink glasses with. cry

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:29 pm

In my head it was dirtier because I misread "biking" as "bikini".
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Ok...I'll go with that. "In my head it was dirtier" well now...the truth comes out, Matt you dirty boy. Very happy Bikini trip into the bush on a bike...wouldn't be the first time. wink Then again, biking in the mud minus the bikini wouldn't be a first time either. bannana

Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:44 pm

SheWolf wrote:
The good thing with UPS is that it's great for inter-country destinations....BUT...once you cross the border, they rape you something ridiculous. budah They are one, if not THE highest rates going to ship internationally. The lowest seems to be DHL with a flat rate of $7.00. Not sure what brokers UPS uses but holy shit talk about highway robbery! eeek
When I worked on the team at CIMB nearly 30 years ago, UPS had their own in-house brokers. Not hard to get a Customs Brokers license with a little studying.

While I didn't do the Customs work, we watched the couriers present their shipments to Canada Customs Inspectors, while we pulled the ones we were interested in and X-rayed them or had the doggie have a sniff. Mostly we just watched what was going on. There is a whole whack of stuff that is duty and tax free because the Customs guys covered it with one OIC or another - gifts under $25, commercial samples, etc and so on.

Most of the couriers would just tell the Customs guys what it was if they thought it was a freebee, they'd usually have the parcels all opened up (had to, to properly rate it and fill out the declaration) and the Customs guys usually agreed with them and just let it go. A few they'd tell them to cover with a B3 entry, but not many. UPS, on the other hand, ALWAYS presented B3 entries to the Customs guys - including stuff like teddybears from Gramma to the grandkid for his birthday. Every single parcel. Which pissed the Customs Inspectors off as well, because it was just unnecessary paperwork that they then had to deal with.

UPS did that (and probably still does) because it only took a few moments for them to pound out the entry, even when the duties and taxes owing were nil. But then they turned around and charged the recipient of the parcel $25 for "brokerage fees" - on a parcel that would not have attracted any duty and taxes. In other words, doing brokerage on imports that didn't need brokerage was just one of the ways they made a profit.

I have had a few packages UPS'd to me where they have shown up with the package and a bill. I ask them every time where I gave them written permission to file a customs entry on my behalf. Then I tell them they can either give me the parcel or they can take it back to Customs and then come back and give me the A8A or whatever other shipping manifest covers the package in Customs, but they are not my agent and I am not going to authorize them to do B3 commercial entries on parcels that can be covered by either a casual entry form or simply released on an OIC.

If I had any sense, I'd also make a complaint to the Superintendent of Brokers for them pulling that little stunt. Piling on brokerage fees by doing entries that are not required in the first place is probably the sort of thing which could lead to having your broker's license revoked.

But no question about it, when it comes to going through Customs, at least Canada Customs, UPS has been either as unethical as hell or crooked as hell for decades.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:56 pm

So THAT'S what they do!! budah Thanks for the insight Rick, I always wondered how they pulled that kind of shit off. Bandits. dddog

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Guess what the Fed Ex man dropped off for me.... bannana *runs off to go open the box o stuff* woohoo

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Well come on, hurry up with those Arai/bikini shots already! What do you think we all went into this for!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Muddyrabbit wrote:
Well come on, hurry up with those Arai/bikini shots already! What do you think we all went into this for!

worthless

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Yeah, what the kid said.

Hey if your in a hurry, skip putting the bikini on.
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:35 pm

dddog
Geez, she's taking longer than Fed Ex took to get it there.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Muddyrabbit wrote:

Hey if your in a hurry, skip putting the bikini on.

Muddyrabbit wrote:
dddog
Geez, she's taking longer than Fed Ex took to get it there.

BOOM

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:17 pm

So i just talked to Lynn and gave her a good talking to for not getting pics up.

And now Meredith is laughing her ass off at me because after only 3 minutes on the phone I picked up Lynn's accent.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Ok, apparently Dan doesn't know how to work a digital camera. budah Took 5 shots, none recorded...you have to hold the button ALL THE WAY DOWN. Rolling Eyes So, I will get the pics done AGAIN once he stuffs his gut and quits whining like a little girl. tough

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Sometimes good help is hard to find. Only 2 of the 5 actually weren't blurry and didn't look like utter shit. Rolling Eyes

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 Cimg0110

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 Cimg0111

I'm gonna see if I can get the tripod setup and do it myself with the timer. lurk

PostSubject: Looks good!   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Lynn,

Looks good! How does the helmet fit? You will love the visor while riding. Very happy

Very appropriate riding gear....for Florida! poser2

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks to She Wolf from the members.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next