Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Global War On Drugs - FAIL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Global War On Drugs - FAIL Empty
PostSubject: Global War On Drugs - FAIL   Global War On Drugs - FAIL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:52 am

Try not to be too shocked by this:

Quote :
(CNN) -- The global war on drugs has failed, a high-level commission comprised of former presidents, public intellectuals and other leaders studying drug policies concluded in a report released Thursday.

International efforts to crack down on drug producers and consumers and to try to reduce demand have had "devastating consequences for individuals and societies around the world," the report from the Global Commission on Drug Policy said.
The commission, which includes former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan, Virgin Group founder Richard Branson and Nobel laureate Mario Vargas Llosa, challenges the conventional wisdom about drug markets and drug use.

Among the group's recommendations:
-- End of criminalization and stigmatization of people who use drugs but do not harm others
-- Encourage governments to experiment with drug legalization, especially marijuana
-- Offer more harm reduction measures, such as access to syringes
-- Ditch "just say no" and "zero tolerance" policies for youth in favor of other educational efforts.

The theory that increasing law enforcement action would lead to a shrinking drug market has not worked, the report says. To the contrary, illegal drug markets and the organized criminal organizations that traffic them have grown, the group found.
The report comes as countries such as Mexico suffer from widespread drug-related violence. More than 40,000 people have been killed in Mexico in the past four years as rival cartels battle each other over lucrative smuggling corridors and as the army fights the cartels.

The commission's findings add more high-profile voices to a growing movement calling for a radical approach to drugs. Other leaders, such as former Mexican President Vicente Fox, have called for drug legalization as part of a solution to his country's woes.

"Encourage governments to experiment with drug legalization, especially marijuana"

Now, if only our government would phucking listen.....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Global War On Drugs - FAIL   Global War On Drugs - FAIL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:46 am

The war on personal freedoms needs to end.
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Global War On Drugs - FAIL   Global War On Drugs - FAIL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Quote :
(CNN)
-- End of criminalization and stigmatization of people who use drugs but do not harm others
-- Encourage governments to experiment with drug legalization, especially marijuana

The only reason the "war on drugs" continues is because of money. There are too many institutions that make disgusting amounts of profit from turning innocent people in to criminals, along with other industries that could be threaten by losing profits to another material(hemp/oils) competing with theirs.

I'm a legal medical cannabis user myself, to mitigate back and shoulder pain, relaxation and pure enjoyment. Cannabis definitely improves my quality of life. Yet, legal in California, but it's federally illegal?! Something is not right.... And on top of that, Cannabis is not physically addictive, but some people can become psychological depended on it, meaning there are no physical effects of stopping usage(no withdrawal symptoms), only some people can get psychological enjoyment and they want to do it all the time. Or something like that... Oh and of course there's still a record number of deaths from cannabis usage, ZERO!!!!

Well, my rant was particularly about cannabis, but I still wouldn't do any other drug if they were legal and I had my knowledge of the effects of them. It's not like I can't get ahold of them right NOW if I really wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global War On Drugs - FAIL   Global War On Drugs - FAIL Empty

Back to top Go down

Global War On Drugs - FAIL
Page 1 of 1