Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stanley Cup

Go down 
+3
motokid
SpiritWolf15
SheWolf
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:55 pm

In the heat of the playoffs, and in the spirit of the game, GO CANUCKS!! wings
Stanley Cup Cimg0022

SpiritWolf15

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:37 pm

I figured you'd take my idea to heart there shewuff thumb

Stanley Cup 019

Boston ain't got nothin' on this.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 am

Especially when they have a little kid posing to be a man making dumbass comments. He lost all respect when he said Kawasaki. poser2

motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Vancouver getting their asses handed to them tonight.

That hit in the first period was dirty as shit too.

Will be interesting to see what the NHL does about it.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 pm

They better suspend his ass for the rest of the finals! That's exactly the type of shit the NHL is trying to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:05 am

trav72 wrote:
They better suspend his ass for the rest of the finals! That's exactly the type of shit the NHL is trying to get rid of.

If Vancouver wins the cup - Rome's name should not be etched into cup either.

I loved how Mark Recchi poked his finger right up against a Vancouver players lips at one point early on.
Just kinda daring the guy to bite it. poser2

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:56 am

Yeah, funny how all the Boston players said they wouldn't stoop so low as to antagonize Burrows by sticking fingers into his mouth...yet two of them did exactly just that. budah Sounds like there is going to be some form of consequence for both those player listening to the news this morning. Rome got booted out of the game, but not out of the finals. I agree it was a dirty shot and should never have happened. :nono: It was a dirty game by both teams...Guess we'll see who really wants it bad enuf.

trav72

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:45 am

At the end of the day I don't really care who wins the cup this year. However, it would be nice to see Mark Recchi win one at his age. He was a long time Flyer and a favorite of mine. But I also liked Andrew Alberts when he played here as well. I was bummed when they let him go. All that being said, it's sort of nice watching the Finals without being emotionally invested. Last year I was mentally exhausted during the Flyers cup run.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:51 pm

trav72 wrote:
At the end of the day I don't really care who wins the cup this year. However, it would be nice to see Mark Recchi win one at his age. He was a long time Flyer and a favorite of mine. But I also liked Andrew Alberts when he played here as well. I was bummed when they let him go. All that being said, it's sort of nice watching the Finals without being emotionally invested. Last year I was mentally exhausted during the Flyers cup run.

+1

As a Flyers fan....many times the bridesmaid.....REALLY long time since being the bride......

baldy baldy baldy

So it is nice to watch without caring much who wins as long as the game is good.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
skierd

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:52 pm

America, fuck yeah! Wish it was the caps still, but what a great series.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 pm

I tell you, the finals would have gone a lot better had the refs done their jobs properly. I've never seen such a bunch of biased referees. dddog budah

trav72

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:09 pm

I think every hockey fan feels the officials are biased towards whatever team their team is playing. I know I do. That's just a testament to how inconsistent and shitty the officiating is in the NHL. That being said, no matter how bad it was, the Canucks didn't get beat by the officiating. You can't win if you don't score. How in the hell do you lay an egg in game 7? Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:31 am

SheWolf wrote:
I tell you, the finals would have gone a lot better had the refs done their jobs properly. I've never seen such a bunch of biased referees. dddog budah

As a more casual observer, with nothing emotional invested other than rooting for the underdog, and always enjoying watching a Canadian team lose to an American team amazon I honestly saw no real evidence of referee favoritism.

In fact - I saw very little ref interference at all in the last few games.

When the Canucks won it was always only by one goal and usually a very low scoring game.
When the Bruins won - they destroyed the Canucks.

I'm glad something as simple as home ice advantage was not the deciding factor in this series.

I think it was a very good series and one that was NOT marred by officiating in the least.

I think both teams played some very tough hockey.

I don't see where you can blame the officials at all Lynn.

Perhaps Luongo should have kept his big mouth shut and just played hockey? poser2 poser2 poser2

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:49 am

Ha ha ha....way to have class Vancouver.

Quote :
VANCOUVER (Reuters) – Violence erupted on the streets of Vancouver on Wednesday after the Canucks were beaten by the Boston Bruins in the final of the NHL's Stanley Cup.

Riot police fired tear gas to control a mob after cars were overturned and set ablaze following the Bruins's 4-0 win over the home team in the deciding Game Seven.

Television showed stores in the downtown area being looted and hockey fans hurling bottles at police and smashing windows in a repeat of ugly scenes that followed Vancouver's loss to the New York Rangers in the seventh game of the 1994 finals.

"It is extremely disappointing to see the situation in downtown Vancouver turn violent after tonight's Stanley Cup game. Vancouver is a world-class city and it is embarrassing and shameful to see the type of violence and disorder we've seen tonight," Vancouver mayor Gregor Robertson said in a statement.

:nono:

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 am

I just saw the news - shocking pictures of game's aftermath. Reminds me of the dark days of football hooliganism in Britain back in the 80s. What's with all the mindless vandalism just for a game?????
A bit cr*p really.............
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:14 am

And Philly fans always get the bad wrap.

motokid wrote:
Ha ha ha....way to have class Vancouver.

Quote :
VANCOUVER (Reuters) – Violence erupted on the streets of Vancouver on Wednesday after the Canucks were beaten by the Boston Bruins in the final of the NHL's Stanley Cup.

Riot police fired tear gas to control a mob after cars were overturned and set ablaze following the Bruins's 4-0 win over the home team in the deciding Game Seven.

Television showed stores in the downtown area being looted and hockey fans hurling bottles at police and smashing windows in a repeat of ugly scenes that followed Vancouver's loss to the New York Rangers in the seventh game of the 1994 finals.

"It is extremely disappointing to see the situation in downtown Vancouver turn violent after tonight's Stanley Cup game. Vancouver is a world-class city and it is embarrassing and shameful to see the type of violence and disorder we've seen tonight," Vancouver mayor Gregor Robertson said in a statement.

:nono:
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:54 am

I saw lots of referee favoritism. Dirty shots Boston would take on Canuck players went unnoticed, yet when Vancouver made the same shots on a Boston player they got penalties for it. More than once the announcers commented on that very thing. Regardless, Boston did outplay Vancouver and it was obvious who wanted it more. As for the riot, that didn't surprise me considering they had in excess of 350k ppl in the down town core...many of them intoxicated.

motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:41 am

Lynn,

According to NHL.com there were only 3 penalties called in last night's deciding game #7 in Vancouver.

Guess which team had two of the three penalties called against them?

Do you think the winning team or losing team had more power-play time?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:26 am

Using NHL.com's stats for the entire series:

Vancouver had 45 penalties called against them.
Boston had 52 penalties called against them.

There were only two games out of seven where Boston had fewer penalties called against them. Game 2 which Vancouver won, and game Game 5 which Boston won. In both of those games Vancouver only had one more penalty called against them than Boston.

I fail to see how the referee's had much to do with Vancouver's defeat.

Vancouver had more 5 on 4 power-play time than Boston did.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:34 am

Again, none of that matters if you don't score and your goalie gets lit up.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:04 pm

SheWolf wrote:

SheWolf wrote:
I saw lots of referee favoritism. Dirty shots Boston would take on Canuck players went unnoticed, yet when Vancouver made the same shots on a Boston player they got penalties for it. More than once the announcers commented on that very thing. Regardless, Boston did outplay Vancouver and it was obvious who wanted it more. As for the riot, that didn't surprise me considering they had in excess of 350k ppl in the down town core...many of them intoxicated.

trav72 wrote:
Again, none of that matters if you don't score and your goalie gets lit up.

I think it matters a lot when you read what Shewolf said above.

We're unbiased hockey fans watching a Stanley Cup finals game.

The facts clearly show there was NO referee bias towards Boston at all.

The Canucks had more total 5 on 4 powerplay time for the entire series, AND they had more 5 on 4 powerplay time in five out of the seven games - including game 7 which was in their building.

The referees did not decide the winner of this series. The players did. As it should be.

Tim Thomas completely and totally out-played Luongo and that has nothing to do with the officials or bias or nothing.

The underdogs won fair and square.

cheers

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Yeah they did win it. I was pretty appalled tho when Thomas and Thornton took cheap pot shots on Luongo during the warm up, on two separate occasions. That's real sportsmanship for you. budah Even Don Cherry said you just don't pull that shit.

motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:47 pm

1) Luongo is a cry baby

2) Didn't a Canuck actually BITE the finger of a Bruin?

3) Didn't Luongo open his big fat yap in a press conference and spout some bullshit about Thomas?

4) The hit on Horton?

Let hockey be hockey, and let's pull up our big-boy britches.

The best team won that series. Period.

I thought it was an entertaining final series, and that there was some damn good hockey played by both teams.
Bravo to the Bruins.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:00 pm

The Canuck bit the finger of the Bruin because he shoved it half-way down his throat! I would have bitten the fuckin thing right off had it been in my mouth, then spat it right back at him. Then in other games after, Bruins players tried doing it again to get Canuck players to bite. What a load of crap. budah Yeah the team that wanted it the most did win it...that doesn't excuse the bullshit.

motokid

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:48 pm

There's always bullshit though. By both teams.

It's not one-sided in the least.

The Canucks players are not innocent choir-boys.

The Canucks got out-played. That's all there is to it.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stanley Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stanley Cup   Stanley Cup Empty

Back to top Go down

Stanley Cup
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next