Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...

Go down 
+8
Akasy
DougZ
skierd
mash100
Walter Matthau
addikted2boost
GusinCA
zone47
12 posters

Could a WRR beat a Harley in a drag race?
Yes! why yeS !! it could! ! !
Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty13%Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty
 13% [ 3 ]
No, waddaya nutz ?
Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty29%Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty
 29% [ 7 ]
Depends totally on which model Harley...
Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty38%Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty
 38% [ 9 ]
Totally depends on the rider and how drunk he is ...
Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty8%Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty
 8% [ 2 ]
Depends on the phase alignment of teh Planets ...
Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty12%Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty
 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty
PostSubject: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:44 pm

..... in a 1/4 mile drag race?? amazon

I mean, let's face it, your basic stock Harley is kind of a pig performance wise. What do you figure they would do in a 1/4 mile? 15+ seconds with a good rider? The WRR ought to be able to smoke it off the line and would do pretty well up to around 60 mph or so where the wind resistance would screw with the low horsepower and slow it down. Still it would be a good race I'm thinking! lurk

Waddaya think ? bert
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Totally depends on the Harley.

Vrod? No way.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: hmmm   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

my friend has a harly i think he said its a harley 885 or something like that he has intake and exhaust and my wrx keeps up with his bike no prob. he said his top speed is 120 so obviously my bike loses there but 0-70 ish my n his r really close idk which is faster as i never dragged him but we have done some street light pulls were he takes off and im right on him so id say depends on rider and model harley

heres us riding you be the judge dunno

Back to top Go down
Walter Matthau

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:45 am

It's all in the conditions. Like the party challenged to a duel gets to pick weapons and conditions, a WR rider challenged to this duel would pick a gravel road or sandy hill. The big torque and street traction tire of the Harley would spin into the ground, while the knobby-tired bantam would scream happily off into the distance!

Pavement; different story, most likely a Harley win, but still dependent upon ability. I've beat plenty good cars who had superior machinery, with my superior knowledge of the conditions! ; )

(In my case, a "stock appearing" Buick GS 455 with giant torque beat heavily modified [insert favorite brand here] hotrods with the use of good torque, traction, and technique.)

Never, never, never, never, never, give up. W.C.

Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 am

Well, I mostly ride dry slab & have come across WAY TOO MANY H Ds for my liking puke Without exception, they all seem to be ridden by middle aged guys (no offense, & I'm over 40 anyway!!), & must be kept in air conditioned garages specially for the sunny Sunday afternoon rides... Anyway, traffic light grand prix is ALWAYS won on my X!! I think its something to do with HD agricultural clutches/gearboxes, & owners being paranoid of damage. Also, riding in town & cornering is a no contest. So, overall, WR is my weapon of choice, & WAY more fun!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:10 am

Maybe they don't know they're racing?

Mag times for sportser 1200's is in the low 13's, similar for the big twin bikes, faster for the vrod.

Our bike do a lot of things well, but going fast in a straight line is not one of them. poser2
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:16 am

For the most part, its all about power to weight ratio, when speaking in terms of acceleration. Take rider and bike weight, and divide by max HP. That will give you a pound per 1HP. 1Hp= 1HP = 1HP. Lower weight per, usually the faster the acceleration...usually. Other factors and torque come into play, but torques is also directly related to HP's.

I used to have a Sportster 1200( pictured below)..and had buddies with bigger HD's...softails and night train or some crap like that. They used to hate it that that my bike( my girl's bike) would smoke them light to light...especially since their bikes made more power....but they were also significantly heavier.

Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Sporty
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: HD   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Mostly +1 especially on the 1200--given equal rider weight and skill the 1200 would make fun of the WRR--just sold my 1200. The 883 would be closer specs say 55hp and 580 lbs, WRR comes in 300 and 27HP--so give or take a little about equal.
More importantly who cares.......

[quote="DougZ"]For the most part, its all about power to weight ratio, when speaking in terms of acceleration. Take rider and bike weight, and divide by max HP. That will give you a pound per 1HP. 1Hp= 1HP = 1HP. Lower weight per, usually the faster the acceleration...usually. Other factors and torque come into play, but torques is also directly related to HP's.

I used to have a Sportster 1200( pictured below)..and had buddies with bigger HD's...softails and night train or some crap like that. They used to hate it that that my bike( my girl's bike) would smoke them light to light...especially since their bikes made more power....but they were also significantly heavier.
:s
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Uh, I have both... a WRR and a Road King. Obviously I cannot ride both at the same time, LOL. My impression is that the RK would smoke the WRR on the pavement but off-road the WRR would smoke the RK because the RK doesn't go off-road, ever. Not that it matters much.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: hey   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:47 pm

my friend has an 883 its pretty closely matched to my wr which only has a K&N intake and he has intake and exhaust

sorry i said 885 im not a harley guru

if you watched the vid there pretty closely matched trust me
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 pm

in a 1/4 mile drag race??
Same rider riding both bikes riding both bikes hard I would put my money on the HD.. 1/8 mile the WR unless it was a Vrod.. And we're talking stock bikes right....

Out on the road light to light I'll put my money on the WR.. Don't like to say this but I would say it's safe to say most people riding a WR has that go fast mind set and most HD riders just like to sound bad ass and look kool...

When you look at it for what the bike was made to do and the CC "250" it blows a lot of people away with how fast it really is for what it is...

Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 pm

?????????????????????????

Somebody is not getting enough saddle time if their mind is wandering to WRRs drag racing Harleys... at the very least, wouldn't your mind wander to WRRs fireroading against Harleys?

Okay... my theory is the WR would beat any Harley in existence just about every single time.

Because as we all know, you can wave at Harley riders you meet all day, and very, very few will ever wave back. Ergo, for some reason or other WRs are invisible to them, not unlike a stealth warplane. Therefore, in a race we would beat them because WRs are invisible to Harley riders and they would not even know there was a race on.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:47 pm

skierd wrote:
Maybe they don't know they're racing?

Mag times for sportser 1200's is in the low 13's, similar for the big twin bikes, faster for the vrod.

Our bike do a lot of things well, but going fast in a straight line is not one of them. poser2

Really, low 13s? I was thinking these were pretty much 14+ second bike .... from what I've see at the drags with John Q. Public at the controls. Maybe they are hard to launch, and of course the magazine guys know how to do it.
Back to top Go down
mrgreyman

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:38 pm

My Nightster will smoke my modded X. Not even worth comparing. Start talking corners and that is different. Dragging parts on the Nightster comes all too easily!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...   Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ... Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think the WRR/WRX could beat a stock Harley ...
Page 1 of 1