Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!

Go down 
+2
motokid
rowsell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rowsell

Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! Empty
PostSubject: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:43 pm

My brother and I are each getting one of these bad boys within next couple of months and was looking for all the info as soon as you walk out the door with the bike from how it runs stock and the results of all the mods that can be done with the pros and cons. Maybe even a comparison of before and after of each mod. Im about 6 ft 220lbs and early 30s so basically any info that will make my 2013 wrr experience a great one. Im not a hardcore biker at all and just want to make sure this bike has the power and speed for I plan on doing about 50 / 50 on paved road and dirt but nothing too technical. Bassically everything you need to know for a newbie rider and anyone wanting to purchase this bike. All I know is that every site that I was on about dual sport bikes led me to the wrr and this bike sounds amazing. Just keep it right to the point please like top speed on hwy to the kind of fuel it takes to what happens when you change the muffler to what hand guards to use.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Don't be lazy amazon amazon amazon

....read around this forum.

All the info you seek can be found here.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:41 pm

If you live in the USofA it's recommended by Yamaha you use premium gas.
You'll never see 100mph
Changing exhaust will make bike lighter, and make it breath easier, which means it'll be marginally faster but also require an EFI programmer. And it'll make the bike louder.

Handguards.....that's kinda like asking which is better, coke or pepsi.....

Read around this forum....it's all here.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rowsell

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:07 pm

yeah your right guys, I have been on this site for last couple hours now and everything I need to know is here. lol
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 pm

I am not too far away so we ride in similiar terrain. My advice would be to get handguards and skidplate and that's all you need for now. After you put twenty or thirty tanks of gas through the bike you will figure out what mods will suit you for your style of riding (larger gas tank, better seat, etc). If you spend much time on the trails you will quickly learn the limits of the stock tires as well.

Again, all depends on your type of riding.Although lots of folks will recommend mods to get more power (exhausts, programmers, AI removal, etc) I think you have to decide if you will get good "value" out of them. Only you can decide. The bike is great in stock form and can probably deliver more that most of us can take advantage of.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 am

I've been reading this forum for a year strait (also been layed off for four months droooool ) I have only read about half the forum and I'm on here at least two hours a day. There is everything you want to learn about this bike and more. deal
Back to top Go down
haygood

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 am

I just purchased a 2013 wrr last week. I topped it out at 85 mph with everything still stock. Im 6'. 190 lbs. Planning on making some mods but kinda want to wait till the warranty is up. Great bike right out of the box.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 pm

I agree that everything you might want to learn is already written and could be learned with a few simple searches.

I purchased a 2013 WRR a couple months ago. The bike really only had one area that was deficient: It's range. I could only go about 75 miles before hitting the reserve. Because I commute 60 miles a day, I had to fill up everyday.

I swapped out the stock tank for an IMS 3.0. I also installed an FMF Power Commander V, FMF header, and FMF Q4 silencer, removed the smog crap, and performed the Ultimate Airbox mod.

Now, the bike runs much more smoothly (no more bog during acceleration), runs through the gears more urgently, and sounds terrific. I may lower the gearing eventually, but for now I'd rather keep the top-end where it is.

I won't go into detail since you could search any of my above mods and get better results than I could. I would definitely google "ultimate airbox mod."
Back to top Go down
haygood

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey Rusty, what smog removal kit did you go with? Also when you remove the smog will it run with the stock exhaust or do i need to get a aftermarket?
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:05 pm

haygood wrote:
Hey Rusty, what smog removal kit did you go with? Also when you remove the smog will it run with the stock exhaust or do i need to get a aftermarket?

I went with the Graves smog block off and servo sub. There are cheaper DIY options out there, but I'm lazy Sleep .

I assume it can be used with the stock pipe--I went with the FMF header and pipe, so I can't give particulars. My stocker is hanging in my garage--it's a heavy SOB!
Back to top Go down
haygood

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!   Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything you need to know about a stock wrr!!!
Page 1 of 1