Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF FI + Stock??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yamaha250kook

FMF FI + Stock?? Empty
PostSubject: FMF FI + Stock??   FMF FI + Stock?? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:32 pm

I have a 2013 250R, and i have the FMF FI programmer and the K&N Air filter, i had the Powercore 4 muffler but i removed it because i was making everyone who lived by me angry Very happy Very happy

so what i was wondering is are there any suggestions to get more low end power utilizing the FMF FI Programmer with a stock muffler and a K&N Air filter?
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

FMF FI + Stock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF FI + Stock??   FMF FI + Stock?? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:02 pm

there are a bunch of threads with rec's for FMF settings based on what you have/have removed. Open the airbox, remove exup and AIS and play around. I agree its pretty loud but I have been experimenting with ways to make the muffler quieter with a  little success.

Ooops just noticed, I have the Q4 you have the PC. I have read that thing is crazy loud.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

FMF FI + Stock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF FI + Stock??   FMF FI + Stock?? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Get an FMF Q4 muffler and gear the bike down if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
yamaha250kook

FMF FI + Stock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF FI + Stock??   FMF FI + Stock?? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks alot for the advice, What gearing do you recommend?

Apologies im pretty new to working on my own bike ridden forever but have left them all stock

I pretty much need low end power ... i mean want low end power poser2

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

FMF FI + Stock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF FI + Stock??   FMF FI + Stock?? EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:31 am

Depends on how much of the overly-tall stock gearing you want to retain, as some riders take the bike on the freeway a lot and want to loaf (lower cruising RPM) the engine on the open road.

Myself, I ran 12/45 on my 2008 WR250R, and it suited me.
That's close to 13/48 if you don't want to go with a smaller-diameter front sprocket.
In the end, you'll have to experiment and decide for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FMF FI + Stock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF FI + Stock??   FMF FI + Stock?? Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF FI + Stock??
Page 1 of 1