Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Do you play an instrument?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mucker

mucker

Do you play an instrument? Empty
PostSubject: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 am

I've practiced guitar, off and on, for 25 yrs. Some formal but mostly by whim.
Barely practiced a thing since I got my bike in Feb.
I love to practice but hate to entertain.
Any music studies out there?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:08 am

I played trumpet for about 10 years, haven't touched it seriously since high school. I did well enough when I played, never could really read music and hear a melody in my head, but if I heard the song played I could play it fine.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:43 am

Guitar, bass, mandolin & blues harp. I have lots of instruments in the house, but they haven't seen much attention since I stopped playing in a band a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:10 pm

mucker wrote:
I've practiced guitar, off and on, for 25 yrs. Some formal but mostly by whim.
Guitar? What happened - your older brother get the family fiddle? Isn't that the official provincial instrument?

I used to play guitar and mandolin. Life happened, got busy, quite playing. Married my wife who's a very accomplished cello player, and I'd rather listen to her play. She was apparently forced to do lessons every day from the time she was a kid growing up - hated it. Went back to playing out of boredom/lack of money in grad school, ended up in a group, discovered she loved it because they were doing different things. She still enjoys the classical stuff, but she can rock down pretty hard too - and it's a lot of fun to listen to.

She's always been a big YoYo Mah fan, but this woman is one of her big favs.
Rock you like a hurricane

Sweet Child of Mine

Satch Boogie

She's a professional musician with a number of orchestras, jazz, and rock bands has opened for big name acts, played at venues like the Monteray Jazz Festival, etc. Amusingly, the three judges on "America's got talent" all gave her the big thumbs down apparently, as being entirely without talent. Good thing she didn't quit her professional career in hopes of scoring big with that production!

Anyways, I'd rather listen to wife airin' it out on the cello then play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you play an instrument?   Do you play an instrument? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you play an instrument?
Page 1 of 1