Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR Stock signal lights...

Go down 
+17
resqman911
combo
SheWolf
GusinCA
joenuclear
taoshum
jason meacham
skierd
Sproat Sport
Boondocker
Jäger
mrgeoff
liftdt4r
WRXer
f3joel
1moreroad
mucker
21 posters

Stock blinkers... best option?
Yes
WRR Stock signal lights... Empty47%WRR Stock signal lights... Empty
 47% [ 18 ]
No
WRR Stock signal lights... Empty53%WRR Stock signal lights... Empty
 53% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
mucker

mucker

WRR Stock signal lights... Empty
PostSubject: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:58 am

I first thought that I would change out all the stock signals with something "cooler".
Well, since then, those ugly sob's, including tail piece, have grown on me.
Visibililty: They work great. They also make bike look very street (meaning less hassle, i hope)...even my neighbors recognize it as a street bike.
...Being an ass and having a good working bike...looking the part, is a bonus. They seem to scream, "I'm Legal".
Performance: Apart from headlight mods, I havent heard of any mod to improve performance of signals...rather, you take a compromise, to get something cooler, programmer at best. And considering weight, there's not much to gain changing them or even eliminating them all together.
When I tell a buddy how tough my bike is, on a whim, I usually kick a blinker as a demo. Heck, you can't break something that ugly...can ya?
Everything else has got a scratch...tho they don't show wear. Guess I'll see the truth when something breaks...Havent priced a repair...
So friggin practical , they are boring... thats a good thing right?

Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:42 am

Yes, it's a good thing. They're ugly but they haven't broken no matter how many naps my bike has taken.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:18 am

I am among the few that kept the stock blinkers.
I really like their visibility.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:34 am

I have never seen any aftermarket turn signals that are more visable than stock on ANY bike. I have seen plenty where the owner sticks their chest out & proclaims how much brighter they are, blah, blah. BS. I live & breath & have eyes & they work. Stock turn signals all the way, all my bikes, always.
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:42 am

mucker wrote:
They seem to scream, "I'm Legal".

Thats's exactly why I got rid of them!!!

I run the Zeta hand guard turn signals up front and the Edge at the rear. I love them, the fronts are WaY more durable than stock. The rears are probably about the same maybe a little better. They hug the bike a lot closer so they are harder to rip off.

About the only advantage I see to the stockers is visibility. I think they look awful! I mean it is a dirt bike after all. Or is it?
Back to top Go down
mrgeoff

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Stock blinkers for me, or maybe the yamaha direct replacement clear ones.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:32 pm

f3joel wrote:
I am among the few that kept the stock blinkers.
I really like their visibility.
And I'll bet you're not among the few. In fact, I'll bet more kept the stock blinkers than farkled them.

Mine are stock and they're staying that way. If they break - which they haven't so far - then I'll buy more stock blinkers. As somebody else noted, I've seen the aftermarkets and while they look really trick, they aren't as visible to the four wheeled death squads sharing the roads with me. I dunno about looks as the stock blinkers seem perfectly fine for a street legal dual sport bike - but then, I'm not about the LCF anyways.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: stock is good   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Stock blinkers, tail light, rear fender, side reflectors - it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 pm

I find it kind of comical watching the front stock blinkers flop like dumbo ears when off-roading.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:28 pm

I've hated the stock front blinkers flopping around like a pair of saggy tits since day 1 with my first WRR 2+ years and 40k+ miles and countless crashes ago. I hate spending money to replace something that works, so I said I'll replace them when the eventually break, even have a set of aftermarket flashers ready to go. Stockers are still there going strong. budah

poser2

Only reason I'd replace them at this point would be to use their mounting points for driving lights.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:10 am

I'm with Mucker on this..the stock signals aren't pretty but they are visable and lets everyone know it's a street legal bike. to me, it's important that other cars see which way I'm turning.I like to do mods that enhance performance and safety not just looks.. a while back I bought 4 new turn signals from a fellow member of this forum because the price was right and I figured I would break one eventually,,well almost 12000 miles and dozens of low speed tip overs, the turn signals look brand new.....I notice that the older I get the more it's about safety and not looks,,,last fall I bought a neon colored riding jacket just so other cars can see me...if it saves me from one accident it's worth it to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jason
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 am

jason meacham wrote:
last fall I bought a neon colored riding jacket just so other cars can see me...if it saves me from one accident it's worth it to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jason
Welcome to the psychedelic banana club... My jacket, my Giant Loop, my fuel blivet, my North Face dry duffel... people think it is the sun coming up when they drive up behind me.

If I could just get traditional yellow and black plastics for my bike, at least it would appear to be part of a theme or something.
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 pm

Sproat Sport wrote:
I find it kind of comical watching the front stock blinkers flop like dumbo ears when off-roading.

Yeah, they are heavy too.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 am

I'm running the stock blinkers now. When I install my HDB handguards I'll see if I can run the LED's with the stockers.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:28 pm

I like how mine indicate how hard I hit the ground, they bottom out when I do... :)

WRR Stock signal lights... 6640copy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:30 pm

Sadpandaface bike. poser2

combo

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:21 pm

wow those US bike indicators are huge Suspect

the AU bikes indicators look half the size, mine have taken a beating, probably the last thing I'd swap on my bike

WRR Stock signal lights... DSC02508
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:02 pm

That's interesting that they'd be a different size. Motor Vehicle regulations maybe?

I like your signature, maybe I'd change it a little, "Best at nothing, great at everything"... :)
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:29 am

Anyone have a part number for those Australian stock signals? I wonder if we could get those to N. America?
Back to top Go down
resqman911

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Guess I'm stupid cause that was one of the first things to go on my bike, they are freaking huge and ugly, and they now sit in a box in my garage. My r-6 which was a STREET bike didn't have blinkers that big.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:48 pm

+10 Mine went pretty much right off the bat. My RF600 had stickers too, I got rid of those as well and got PigSpotters. They don't make them for these tho.

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:41 pm

I replaced mine mostly for looks however the stock signals seem to be better quality. I would have gone back to the stock signals but decided to move them to my handshields and use the space for 2" LED lights. I have the HDM handshields with the intergrated signals and they working great.

It is difficult to answer YES or NO to this question because it depends so much on the rider and what you need or want? the signals are good, big, but they work. My opinion is the signals intergrated in handshields seem to have great visability and are less vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:01 am

I initially replaced mine, and replaced the tail light with an Edge; but after about a year I reinstalled the OEM stuff.

It is more dorky, but also more visible, and that is pretty important. I spend more time on the street (even if it is gravel or dirt roads) than off road, so having other traffic see me is valuable.
Back to top Go down
FG250WRR

FG250WRR

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:17 pm

NO
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:36 am

Sproat Sport wrote:

poser2 Good way to describe it. I had to take em off, too!

With the 12oclocker turn signal running light adapters my DRC 602 (clear) seem to be as bright as the stock ones.

I wear bright clothing not black when I ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRR Stock signal lights...   WRR Stock signal lights... Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR Stock signal lights...
Page 1 of 1