Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Interchangeable Parts?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Interchangeable Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 am

Interchangeable Parts?
What I mean is there a specific model or model(s) of WR/YZF bikes that have interchangeable parts that will fit our R's and X's? I have noticed numerous parts on the net for WR250F,YZ250F & Even the YZ450F etc...

It just would make sens that there has to be some parts that will fit. Exhaust, fenders etc....
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am

Not much, to be honest. Sprockets are about it for straight across swapping, but you have to have the right year.

skidmarx

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 am

I believe footpegs will swap, but you need the springs too. I will be able to confirm as soon as I pick up some springs.
Oil filter is common to several years of the YZf and WRf.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:16 pm

My foot pegs are for a WR450F but I had to buy different springs. I also just replaced my fork seals and bushings. The kit they sent me were for a few different bikes. Although, I can't remember the exact ones.

Foot pegs. You can see how the spring is not in the center of the foot peg. Instead, it's on the lower part.
Interchangeable Parts? Logan-12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Sweet. Thanks for the tips. I love knowing learning more and more. It just blows my mind that more parts are not interchangeable. You would think it would be the case. It would make sense from a mfg standpoint.

Anyhow. I just like to know what i can and cannot swap. It would be nice if the YZ250F exhaust would fit our bikes because there are a ton out there and they are cheep.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:35 pm

That isn't a direct swap, no...but it can be done with some modding. Bubba did it with his and it sounds pretty sick.

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Pictures, Instruction explaination would be awesome. I would like to see how it looks. The stock YZ250F exhaust is small, alloy and sounds better than the stock WR METAL BOMB
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:50 pm

This is Bubba's bike.

He's from Japan, but he's done some neat stuff. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:00 pm

I AM GOING TO BUY A YZ250F Exhaust........ YES YES...

Thank you soo much for sharing. I knew it would work.
Back to top Go down
resqman911

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:17 pm

That video is one of the reasons I finally decided on a WR.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:14 pm

SABMATIN wrote:
It just blows my mind that more parts are not interchangeable.
You would think it would be the case. It would make sense from a mfg standpoint.

That's because the WR-250R is not a decendant of or somehow based on any year YZ-250F.
It is it's own model with a different engine, chassis, and practically everything else.

If you were talking about a 2008 WR-250F and a 2006 or 2007 YZ-250F, then you'd have parts swapping galore because the WR-250F was, indeed, based on the YZ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interchangeable Parts?   Interchangeable Parts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Interchangeable Parts?
Page 1 of 1