Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matttys

matttys

I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio Empty
PostSubject: I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio   I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm in need of meeting a WR250R owner in Columbus, Ohio.

My bike is having some intense "sticktion" [sticky friction] issues with the front forks and I've actually sent them to Travis at Go-Race (twice) to cure the problem. The forks are butter off the bike, but on the bike the suspension is jumpy and inconsistant on the road. I've tried rotating the forks in the trees, aligning the right fork pinch bolts in different locations, installing the spension backwards to determine if the forks are bad.

Ultimately, if I find someone in town that has a WR250R I can push on their forks to see if it's just a WR thing (I don't recall it being that way from the factory) or determine if my forks, triple tree, axle, etc are tweeked.

I'm willing to supply alcohol and/or various tools for you to take home (I work in product development for an industrial distributor and I've got lots of sweet tools and supplies). Not to mention you can check out my custom fab mods. . .

I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio IMG2563-M

Your help would be much appreciated! Just reply to the post if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio   I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Mine do the same thing. I've had mine apart and can't find any thing and Go Fast has had mine to revalve/spring and they came back the same.. Do you feel it like 5" down ?? That about where I feel it....
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio   I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:29 am

If I extend the suspension all the way then sit on the bike I need to put about 3/4 of my weight on the bike before the suspension jumps to it's final resting spot.

It's definitely an alignment issue or something is tweeked. . . that's why I'm hoping I can find someone local to me that I could possibly swap forks, axle, etc with for a few minutes to determine which part is tweeked.
Back to top Go down
rodney

PostSubject: Re: I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio   I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:14 am

stupid question... you are torquing the pinch bolts? i have seen stiction problems overtorquing the pinch bolts. just an fyi.
Back to top Go down
aw113sgte

PostSubject: Re: I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio   I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm in Columbus with a 2008 WRX with low miles. Contact me via email if you want to test it's forks - channell.13 (at) gmail.com
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio   I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 pm

aw113sgte wrote:
I'm in Columbus with a 2008 WRX with low miles. Contact me via email if you want to test it's forks - channell.13 (at) gmail.com

You have an email coming! wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio   I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio Empty

Back to top Go down

I need to find a WR250R owner in/near Columbus, Ohio
Page 1 of 1