Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Mudflap Hitting Tire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rc23

rc23

Mudflap Hitting Tire Empty
PostSubject: Mudflap Hitting Tire   Mudflap Hitting Tire EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Took the x out for a quick ride saturday to scrub the new tires in and noticed the right edge of the mudflap is leaving a line around the tire - so its obviously hitting it...

Anyone else notice this and/or fix it?

I may just remove it - this bike is only going to see the track / street anyway but I guess I could trim it....
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Mudflap Hitting Tire   Mudflap Hitting Tire EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:32 pm

What size.tire are you running, and how far back is the rim on the swingarm? Guessing its pretty far up, but with a stock chain and stock.sized.tire I never had a rubbing problem with either wheel set.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Mudflap Hitting Tire   Mudflap Hitting Tire EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:51 pm

skierd wrote:
What size.tire are you running, and how far back is the rim on the swingarm? Guessing its pretty far up, but with a stock chain and stock.sized.tire I never had a rubbing problem with either wheel set.

Stock rim and bt 003's but stock sizes. It's about stock wheel base...maybe even a little longer. There's plenty of clearance it's just so flimsy it looks like it's blowing onto the tire...just enough to touch it and make a mark around. I'm sure it's not hurting anything it just bugs me...
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: Mudflap Hitting Tire   Mudflap Hitting Tire EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:36 pm

check the mounting. on my tarded wr450 the plastic broke and was letting the wind pressure push it on the tyre, leaving a nice slick groove. fixed it by putting a piece of steel behind it to hold it til i get a new 1.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Mudflap Hitting Tire   Mudflap Hitting Tire EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:45 am

Everything looks fine. Bike only has about 400 miles on it.

It's just a really floppy piece(twss)
...I'll figure something out - just surprised noone else has seen this.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mudflap Hitting Tire   Mudflap Hitting Tire Empty

Back to top Go down

Mudflap Hitting Tire
Page 1 of 1