Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hitting the Dragon this weekend

Go down 
+3
marty
PooTeeTat
MotoDad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MotoDad

MotoDad

Hitting the Dragon this weekend Empty
PostSubject: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Taking butt ugly up to Deals Gap to ride this weekend, i'm not riding the whole 9 hr trip tho, going to trailer it up to Murphy, NC and ride around from there. Ohh...i've taken off the experimental front fender and put the OEM one back on and started painting things black, soooo, i'm just gonna call ol' butt ugly by a new name.....Black..... cause when i'm done thats what it will be.
Hope there are a few of you up there at the Gap this weekend, if you are gonna be there gimme a holler here, i'll be checking the site at night.
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm

"hitting the dragon"? wink

"butt ugly up to Deals Gap"? scratch

Is that what you kids are calling it these days???? droooool

poser2 poser2 poser2

Back to top Go down
MotoDad

MotoDad

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:05 pm

PooTeeTat wrote:
"hitting the dragon"? wink

"butt ugly up to Deals Gap"? scratch

Is that what you kids are calling it these days???? droooool

poser2 poser2 poser2

......Dad can't remember if he put his age in his profile...... scratch

If'n thar's a dragon what wunts to git hit....i'll give it a whack... Very happy ..um don't tell the missus...
Back to top Go down
MotoDad

MotoDad

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:40 pm

LOL, I ate it up on sunday afternoon, passed some sportbikes, some moved over out of courtisy, but some wouldn't budge so I gave it the gun and passed them anyway. I didn't realize I could be so agressive, but this little rocket wouldn't let me stay behind anyone. Took a big loop from the gap to townsend and hit a dirt road thru the mountains called Parsons road or some such. The WR250X has earned my respect and i've got my ol' mojo back! I took it easy saturday because my friend was riding his Marauder and could not accelerate very quickly, he had me on highway 28 because of the long sweeping turns, he was hitting about 110mph and my lil' ol' moto was coughing and burping, but he couldn't keep up with me on the dragon on sunday, we had a blast!
Back to top Go down
marty

marty

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:19 am

good to hear you didn't have any "issues" with THP. i was pulled over twice in one day when i was down there! Shog
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 am

Man, Am I jealous.
droooool droooool droooool droooool droooool puke
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:50 am

Been there a couple of times.... definitely part of the bucket list. If it weren't 22 hours and 1,400 miles away. I'd visit it more often.

Hitting the Dragon this weekend Img_0210
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:02 am

Thinking about headed over to the Gap this weekend with another wrx'r.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Have a great time, Joel. Can't help but tell you to be careful.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:54 am

Thanks Sarah, just finished getting the bike in the truck.
Headed over after work. thumb
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:20 am

Hi F3Joel:

I cannot think of a better bike to take to the Dragon than a WR250X. Light, agile and point and shoot... And that is before you crack the throttle and get serious wink

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the Dragon this weekend   Hitting the Dragon this weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Hitting the Dragon this weekend
Page 1 of 1